HybridZ

Don't know where to begin!

Hi there, I have a 327 in my 260z. I repaired a few simple things on the car, but when it comes to fuel lines and the engine, I am completely lost. I just recently discovered that the fuel pump (Holley Electric Pump) is leaking from the hose connecting to the fuel tank, as well as from the bottom, where the plate is bolted on. In addition, when I sniff the dipstick, it smells a bit like fuel. On top of that, a hose attached to the radiator cap is not attached to anything. I was wondering if you guys can lead me in the right direction. I have a few pictures:

ou59FdI.jpghxns5hy.jpgXEQ7vJ8.jpg

You're certainly on the right forum for V8 Z cars, but you probably need to make sure you're not biting off more than you can chew....especially if you don't have any experience working on cars.  Search out local car clubs in your area; they're always a good source of expertise and members willing to lend a hand.  Download the Factory Service Manual (FSM) for your car at "xenonS30" and read it end to end (you may have to check a few times; I think the website is undergoing maintenance).  Good luck with it.

P.S.  That "hose attached to the radiator cap" is an overflow line....designed to route coolant out of the engine compartment in the event that the coolant boils over.  Ideally, it is routed to an "Overflow Reservoir", but they are often just routed to dump the overflow on the ground.  If yours is like this, you can fix it easily by purchasing an overflow tank from your local auto parts store.