HybridZ

Vacation to Dallas,Tx June 19th - June 24th

EvilC

Gf will be traveling again for work so I get to tag along and visit a new city this year. Just wondering which HBZ members are around and any "must do" while in town. Of course I plan to see Big Phil while I am in town and have a drink of Modelo Especial for those who remember his videos working on the swap, lol.

Guess it is time to check Craigslist - never know what can be shipped back! =) 

Go to Twisted Root to eat.  A friend owns the place, it is awesome .  I was supposed to go up there this weekend but I am sticking around the house in Houston to see if I can get into a little trouble with the Z...... and work on putting my go kart back together.

There was Jerry's All Zs, but that's not more I think. East FW, next to Arlington where I used to live. Mad Mike hangs out with the Dallas Z club...

Colter's BBQ is pretty good. Also try Rudy's (I prefer Colter's, but popular opinion favors Rudy's). There's also a bunch of smaller, nice joints around the metroplex.

Miss me some nice dry, lean, smoked brisket. Can't get that shit right here... it's all wet and fatty Carolina style crap.

We are here. Drove into downtown Dallas to see where the hotel is and just finished up late lunch at Rudys. Not bad and different from what we get back east for bbq.

Dreco pm me a cell number so I can send you a text.

Tomorrow we will hit up Stockyards.

We are here. Drove into downtown Dallas to see where the hotel is and just finished up late lunch at Rudys. Not bad and different from what we get back east for bbq.

Dreco pm me a cell number so I can send you a text.

Tomorrow we will hit up Stockyards.

would not allow a pm.  214 206 5430

No!  I just  came back from Dallas!

I don't know if you're into Karting, but Dallas Karting Complex is a blast, it's in Caddo Mills, (by Garland and Rockwall).  Rockwall has a pretty large lake, so it's nice and scenic.

No!  I just  came back from Dallas!

I don't know if you're into Karting, but Dallas Karting Complex is a blast, it's in Caddo Mills, (by Garland and Rockwall).  Rockwall has a pretty large lake, so it's nice and scenic.

I'd like to make it out there one of these days. 

Ihiryu thanks for the heads up. We headed out there today and did 2 races each. Nice big track. Ran a 78.6 not bad first time there. Girl behind the counter was great and was going to let me take the 70mph GT kart out but to me wasn't worth it at $60 vs $15 for the 60mph kart. Def will do it again when I come out. Monday And Thursday are the special price days.

Sunday got a tour of AT&T stadium and as a Cowboys fan it was great. The engineering that went into the build is amazing.

Also got to hang with Big Phil and his wife for about 5 hours and meeting Phil in person after all these years was great. Next time out we take the beast for a spin.