HybridZ

Weird wear pattern on front AZC rotors

Does this wear pattern mean anything? Mostly street driving. No bad pedal pulsing or anything negative behavior-wise. Just swapping tires after landspeed event with about 7 or 8 controlled decels from 150-plus.... But it had this funny pattern even before that event. These are my street rotors and my street pads. Both sides are about the same. Their tale dark spots are at approximately the interval of the cooling vanes. The rears are evenly shiny. Middle photo is rear.

post-5903-0-52963300-1434897480_thumb.jpg

post-5903-0-07365300-1434897492_thumb.jpg

post-5903-0-56424100-1434898737_thumb.jpg

Edited by RebekahsZ

Are those Nissan rotors or aftermarket?  Just looks like inconsistent coefficients of friction.  Uncontrolled metallurgy.  Probably averages out over a revolution though so if you can't feel it, no matter.

Yep hot spots, same as you get on clutch surface of the flywheel.

Cooling vanes may be thinner and heat up faster than the thick "web" between them.

Are you using your parachute to scrub speed? Is there a limited shutdown area that requires hard braking?

We would hit the chute and then start braking once below 100... Sometimes waiting until a tailwind dumped the chute behind us.

Thanks everybody. Sounds like nothing to worry about. No chute this year, maybe in a year or two. I just found out that Burton Brown is working on a REAL Modified Sports class car with the extended nose and an Indy car engine, so my years as a class record holder may be few. Perhaps he will build a car so sophisticated that he will have reliability/sorting troubles that might buy me a little more time.