HybridZ

Alternator Letters

McDoogle

hey guys ive been having issues with my no power to my alternator.  I was looking into replacing it but as i took it out of the car I noticed  that there was a second post with nothing attached.  I dont know whats suppose to be hooked up to this post however and when i looked around i havent seen other alternators with this post.  Its located under the little black cover.  Theres also the letters E, F, N, and A on the alternator.  Do you guys know what the letters stand for and what should be attached to this post?

I already looked at the service manual and i saw that diagram.  Doesnt say what the letters STAND for.  I also didnt see the post I talked about shown in any sections nor diagrams of the service manual.  Thanks for the reply though

Actually he said the post at the top of the picture, the "A" post, was disconnected.  That would explain the lack of charging.  He may have fixed that but doesn't realize that he probably blew a fusible link when the wire touched body metal as it was dangling around, shorting the battery.  Wiring issues can get out of control.