HybridZ

Clutch dimensions

Six_Shooter

I have been looking for a while now, but can't seem to locate anything that lists dimensions of the bolt patterns, clutch disc dimensions, inner and outer diameters of the friction materials, etc.

I need to replace my clutch, and since the fitment of my clutch for my combo was not exactly ideal to start with, I'd like to find something better. For those that have a puzzled look on your face right now, I have a rather unique combination of engine, trans and flywheel happening. The engine is an LX9 (3.5L GM V6, aka a "3500"), a 3.1/3.4 flywheel from 1988 to 1994 F-body and a 1992 300ZX TT trans.

So far I've been using a 240Z 225mm clutch, a Centerforce Dual Friction to be exact, and has worked great for the last 7 years or so, behind 3 different engines, two different flywheels and in front of 3 different transmissions, so I have no complaints at all about it just starting to slip now.

What I would like to find is the bolt pattern dimensions of some pressure plates, such as the 240mm (2+2/turbo) clutch, N/A and turbo 300ZX clutches, and anything else that might be close (240SX, RB...??), along with the major and minor dimensions of the friction material on the discs.

Ultimately I'd love to go to a dual disc set-up, but that doesn't look like it's in the budget right now. 

The 240 clutch I used needed the bolt holes enlarged slightly, since the bolt pattern on the flywheel was slightly smaller than the 240Z's pressure plate bolt pattern. Ideally I'd like to find a pressure plate and disc combo that doesn't require modification at all. 

So if you have a clutch sitting around and know what it's for/from, can you take some measurements, even just really close to being exact measurements?

I think this would help people that want to make some odd ball combinations of clutch and disc as well.

In the same vein, if anyone can recommend a clutch supplier that I could contact and discuss piecing together a clutch, that would also be helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

RB 25/26/30 flywheel is 240mm and effectively the same as the 2+2 S30/S130 and turbo S130. I think it has a locating dowel hole or something which you wouldn't need to worry about obviously. I want to say the RB20 has a 225mm flywheel but it's been a while since I researched it. KA24 flywheels are also 225mm if memory serves correctly.

RB 25/26/30 flywheel is 240mm and effectively the same as the 2+2 S30/S130 and turbo S130. I think it has a locating dowel hole or something which you wouldn't need to worry about obviously. I want to say the RB20 has a 225mm flywheel but it's been a while since I researched it. KA24 flywheels are also 225mm if memory serves correctly.

Right, this is not hard info to find, what I need are not friction disc external diameters, but measurements of the bolt circles, the major and minor diameters of the friction discs, pressure plate thickness, would be a bonus. Basically the engineering dimensions would be perfect. 

I plan to use this with a non Nissan Flywheel/engine, which is why I can't simply use the friction disc major diameters as knowing if the clutch will fit or not.

Edited by Six_Shooter

I have a stock flywheel and pressure plate for the 3.4 camaro engine in the floor here-A normal 225mm Nissan clutch disk fits fine on this LuK 3.4 V6 flywheel/pressure plate. Will fit the FS5R30A splines, too.

The 350Z pressure plate fits on the stock 225mm clutch bolt patter too, has a much higher clamping force. It doesn't however fit the V6 flywheel.

Edited by Xnke