HybridZ

2jz vs rb25 parts availability

I cannot comment on the RB family (love em though), as I do not have one so never tried to source parts, but my experiences with my 2jzgte thus far has been super easy to find parts. You can get (oil/water pumps, head gasket, timing belt, etc) all from the Toyota dealerships, Napa, Pep Boys, advance auto or the multitude of aftermarket companies. As you well know both engines are very capable of the power figures you seek, each with pros and cons. The 2jz has an intake manifold more than able to deliver your power goals so no need to add the cost of a custom one, as well as no need for upgraded internals. 

I purchased my 2jzgte/auto trans from an Aristo, from JDM engine Pro of La Habra last Febuary for $2600 out the door picked up with having them remove the auto trans and discard.  I believe it was JMortenson who stated in another thread, " Choosing an engine is a personal choice" or something along the lines of that. Good luck whichever path you decide to go down.

Put it this way shipping is cheaper with the 2jz than the RB. The RB is becoming more available now and they have sites dedicated to the RB series but the 2jz did come to the U.S. so you can still get parts over the counter. 

Do some research for basic parts you think youll need in the future and see. Search water pumps, alternators, timing belts, clutch parts, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...