HybridZ

RB25 swapped Z32 no start

NISMOFREAK

Hello everyone. Im new to the site. Figured I would join to see if I could get a little help. I just recently swapped my 95 300zx TT with a RB25DET. Im having one issue.... Car will not start.

So before anything. I bought the rb 3 years ago online. Been slowly buying parts. I had the head rebuilt, stock pistons, ACL race rod and crank bearings, Freddy intake manifold, top mount exhaust manifold with Holset hx35. When I was going to install the engine I noticed I had an rb26 harness and wasn't going too work. so I took the time and modified my z harness for it too work. I noticed the rb has S2 coils and harness and VVT solenoid so I figured it was a S2 motor but the CAS is metal not plastic.

With that being said I installed it and wired it all up. Now it cranks and it has fuel but no spark with the S2 ecu. If I swap in my z32 ecu which has a moats ostrich and allows me too change the bin to a rb25det and swap out the rb CAS to my 95 vg30dett CAS it has spark. but still no start..... im kinda stuck on what too do next. Do I need a rb S2 CAS?? Any input would be much appreciated.

post-50288-0-63003800-1436750043_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...

Hey NISMOFREAK its been awhile since I been on this site and came across your post and see it is from 2015. Just wondering if you figured out your problem. Was the car backfiring when you finally got the engine to spark? Just wondering if cas trigger is in a different position from the rb to the vg if they where that would cause the engine to spark out of time. Would like to know what happened?  

Love the RB swapped z32 and I'm about to start building one myself.