HybridZ

Where these two pieces GO??

borini63

I just bought a complete rear Hatch/Spare tire Cover area/Floor panels with mounts etc...I mounted all the parts that I got from the seller but I can't find out where is these two pieces go.....I tried to find pictures on the search  but NO luck.

The Car is a 78 280Z Coupe.....

Thank you very much in advance.

Jamal

DSC02729.jpg

Edited by borini63

the left piece is used to attach the side vent pull cables. There should be one on each side by the door hinge area. The other I'm not sure about.

The other piece looks like the small access cover for the intake manifold heatshield.  If it's that piece, it should fasten to the heatshield in the middle along the edge closest to the head.

The right part is your floor temp sensor cover. 

Goes in the hatch above the muffler area. (if your car had the floor sensor installed.)

Could not find a good picture online, but here is a ebay listing to confirm with your own eyes. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151427175299?lpid=82&chn=ps

You nailed it Buddy....it is for the floor Temp sensor....Mine is Arizona can so not needed in my 280Z.....I don't have one but mounted the shield any way.....

Thank you very much.

Edited by borini63

the left piece is used to attach the side vent pull cables. There should be one on each side by the door hinge area. The other I'm not sure about.

Yep you are right ....found where it should go.Thank You very much for the help.

The other piece looks like the small access cover for the intake manifold heatshield.  If it's that piece, it should fasten to the heatshield in the middle along the edge closest to the head.

We kinda figure it out ...Thank you much for chiping in.

Jamal