HybridZ

Coming to America (maybe taking a 280z back)

Villeman

Hi,

as luck has it, i´m going to a conference in New York first week of August. Afterwards, there is one week free. I´d like to know if there are places you guys can recommend, both for possible car purchase and general vacation. Since i´ll be one week in New York, i will use the time to browse Craigslist etc. Nevertheless, if somebody knows of an offer or has some ideas how to spend the second week, i would be glad. Thing is, i want to see some other parts of America as well and have

-roughly one Week time (8-13.08)

-go where i might find a car (ideally a 280z 2+2 )

-go where i can spend a week with possibly some nice nature and without need to get a rental car etc (so far this would be Seattle with Olympic national park)

Ideas?

Edited by Villeman

Seattle is absolutely beautiful and hosts a myriad of S30s for sale. You could easily find one up there. 

As for the Olympic National Park, it was my back yard. Now that I've moved away, I sincerely miss it. Storm king and Merrymere Falls are great day hikes. Not to mention a few hot springs and Lake Crescent. 

Edited by alexx933

hahaha, my thoughts exactly (have this car bookmarked quite some time now) 

btw. Craigslist is now blocking non US Ip´s , i only can contact people when i use a US based Proxy. Does anybody know if non-us Emails get deleted as well (since he didn´t answer my mail)?

Edited by Villeman

Why a 2+2 ? Well, i´m rather large and the 2+2 has more space. I actually like the design, espeicall with a Gnose (i drove a Citroen Ds for 2 Years) and i like the longer wheelbase. Also, i need to carry more than 2 people.

Why america? Well, i got an opportunity to go to a conference. If i get another conference maybe Au it will be (but shipping is higher i guess)

@Bludestiny: Sonora looks awesome. Flights are on the pricy side though, but i will definitely consider this

edit: Sedona, not Sonora

Edited by Villeman

If you come to seattle, I wouldn't mind showing you around a bit :).

According to the website below there is public transport available for some trails close by, although to get to the olympic national park that is going to take you a fair bit away from the downtown area.

http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/seasonal-hikes/regional/hikes-30-minutes-from-seattle

I would second arizona or california in regards to the availability of cars. Seems like there are plenty of excellent places to visit as well.

i agree on that 800$ car, First ad was 1000$ and engine failures, now it´s 800 and engine good ;)

still undecided on where to go though. From the vacation aspect it would be seattle, the car aspect would say south ^^

Edited by Villeman

Pick a spot, drive and find. Ship.

Coordinating with local ZClub or looking for online advertisements for import car shows to coordinate arrival in a specific region gets a lot of high quality hands in checks possible on a weekend with follow up and shipping of the prospects during the week.

Edited by Tony D

• 2 months later...

Time for an update. Thank you all for helping but i wasn´t abled to score one :) instead i went up Maine and enjoyed the time (always keeping one eye open). The closest i came was  " my neighbor had one sitting behind his house till last year -_- " Anyways, had a great time and i´m back to Craigslist (with a small detour called Land Rover Santana 109 6 Cylinder Diesel ) but still looking.

One funny thing, car rentals didn´t have my car so i got a Cadillac CTS sports (upgraded all the way from smallest category) ......quite nice actually