HybridZ

400 SBC + T5 which clutch?

When I look up a clutch for the motor's vehicle, it's a 10 spline, I need 26. When I look up a clutch for the transmission's vehicle, it gives me a 10.5" clutch, I need an 11". I know a 10.5" will fit but I thought I might as well get an 11" since my flywheel and pressure plate are that big.. Will any 11", 26 spline clutch for a Chevy (i.e. Corvette) work?

• 3 weeks later...

^^^swtjames

Watch your tone there buddy miles is a respected member around these parts. . And search.

I love the old post Tony D put up some time ago how his friend built an 11 second car and everybody wanted to duplicate it with out doing their homework, classic!!!

Oh and if you don't know who tonyD is, please become more familiar with the site. Hybridz is a bit over 15 years old now. Most all questions have been answered. Search.

One that slips a lot... If you get an aggressive clutch and some sticky tires to match, your transmissions will live a short life. Mine certainly did not like it very much. 

If you take the time to do research and post a specific informed question you will probably find the forum much more helpful.