HybridZ

first timer with n47 maxima

Datsun#1

Well,im going to be doing a DIY port/polishing job on the maxima head.I will keep everyone updated on my progress.nothing crazy,just port matching the intake manifold,smoothing out the castings,removing the hump around the valve guides and blending into the bowels.A basic stage I port job.I have done this on v8s and one sr20de.this will be my first L series head.I have researched day and night on this.I will not be removing the liners as this will be on a street car...

When im done,ill have a shop install new guides and bigger 280z valves as well as a fresh 5 angle cut on the seats.

I'll be watching. Check out FAQ on head building. Back of the exhaust seat is a nasty area. Liners flow well. Unshrouding would be paramount- IMHO.

On a stock bore L28 I might even consider notching for more breathing.

I'm going to run stock 165 valves first time around with lots of breathing room.

Agreed,this head already had the valves unshrouded.combustion chambers were polished too.I learned this after removing all the carbon.the intake runners still have the nasty casting marks and rough edges behind the valve seat.(not sure why PO didnt address this) valves are still stock with a polish.im going to spend some time smoothing out the runners and removing the valve guide humps.then get to work on them bowls.

• 2 weeks later...