HybridZ

[help] How to determine if these wheels can fit

Hi guys,

I've been looking at various wheels and am thoroughly confused as to what you use to determine if a set of wheels either fits or can be widened to fit on a 73' 240z.  What method do you use?

I am looking at 14" SSR Star Formula rims but have no way of knowing if they either a) fit or b ) can be made to fit via widening/springs?  I found a guy who does have these on his 240z but he said he had them widened and gave me the following:

-front 14×8 5+15 Toyo 185-60-14"
-rear 14×10 5-47 Toyo 195-55-14"
- broader 13cm rear + flares
- widened fiberglass front fenders (does that mean wide zg fender flares??)

Is this enough to buy the wheels and send them to a shop that can "make them fit"?  Currently, I have stock   I apologize for my ignorance but I'm a bit overwhelmed looking up tire aspect ratio, tire width, wheel width, offset, backplate, bolt pattern, etc. as these are all new terms to me.

Below is the setup I want to get, implemented on that 240z.
puyDqNw.jpg
Edited by LyleSweet

If you want it to look like that, your going to have to understand "tire aspect ratio, tire width, wheel width, offset, back space, bolt pattern, etc". If you go on a recommendation for that type of setup without measuring your own car, your going to run into problems. There is a lot of custom bodywork/suspension on that car and just putting ZG flares and copying the wheel specs is not going to give you that look. You need to understand those terms and how they relate to your car.

Measure your current set up and try playing with this: http://www.willtheyfit.com

The your need to accommodate for flare type and fitment, as well as suspension geometry.