Sprayed the Rust Encapsulator.
My Turbo LSX Z31 Builld
Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:28 PM
Sprayed Eastwood's 2k High Build Urethane Primer Aerosol
Edited by nismo kid, 02 June 2016 - 07:28 PM.
Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:31 PM
Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:33 PM
After the paint fully cured I Prepped off the engine bay. Minus the transmission tunnel & the frame rails up to where the engine crossmember go. Then coated the wheel wells, frame rails, & transmission tunnel with 3m professional rubber undercoating.
Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:33 PM
I'm pleased with how it came it. I chose not to wet sand the paint. Mainly because my car isn't a show car. I personally believe it went on pretty smooth. I also think the rubber under coating came pretty nice too. As for the temporary spray booth I was highly satisfied. It captured 100% of the over spray & about 90% of the fumes. If I was to do it again I'd add paint pocket air filters between the cloth & Activated charcoal air filters. That way it gets rid of all the fumes. Another change that made is the engine I'm using. In the beginning I had planned to use my early LS1 with a set of 243s. But that was all changed when I acquired a complete Gen 3 4.8 with ls1 intake for 50$! I purchased from a friend of a friend. My 50$ 4.8 has 165k on the clock and has had nitrous ran though it a majority of its life. The previous owner went to a larger cubes on his build. Here's how it looked when I 1st purchased it.
Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:34 PM
I tore it down & inspected immediately. This little 4.8 was pretty damn dirty on the outside. But it was rock solid inside.
Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:38 PM
Dropped the heads of at the machine shop it have them cleaned & resurfaced. Also had the valve covers, oil pan, & timing cover media blasted. I also replaced the cam bearings. While I was doing this I figured "Why not step my engine bay game up?". I chose to shave the stand offs & weld -10an fittings on my valve covers.
Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:39 PM
Here's some pics of the valve cover stand off shaving process
Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:41 PM
Then had my engine crossmember, valve covers, timing cover, oil pan, & a few other things powder coated.
Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:43 PM
Purchased all these goodies for the 4.8
LJMS Stage 1 4.8 Turbo Cam
BTR 660 Dual Valve Springs with Titanium Retainers
Comp 7.400 Hardened Push Rods
Straub Technologies Trunnion Kit
ARP Head Studs
ARP Stainless Steel Valve Cover Bolts
ARP Stainless Steel Water Pump Bolts
ARP Stainless Steel Intake Manifold Bolts
ARP Stainless Steel Oil Pan Bolts
ARP Stainless Steel Timing Cover Bolts
ARP Balancer Bolt
ARP Camshaft Bolts
Summit 25% Underdrive Balancer
Improved Racing Oil Pan Baffle
Meling 10295 High Oil Pressure Pump
Hinson Racing C7R Timing Chain
Billet EGR block Off Plate
New Lifter Trays
GM Performance 12498544 Head Gasket
Dorman Drain Plug 65221(Deletes oil level sensor)
New GM 12589016 Camshaft Retainer
New Oil & Coolant Plugs
New Cylinder Head Dowels
Dorman 635-518 Rear Main Seal Cover Set
New Gaskets for the entire engine
MS3 Gold Box
Siemens Deka 80 LB/HR Fuel Injectors
3 Bar Map sensor
Fast Fuel Rails(Scored these for 50$)
12.9 grade Rocker Arm Bolts
Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:44 PM
Now that I have my assortment of parts it was time for assembly.
1st I cleaned & began to lap all the valves. After lapping a few I found a couple pits on the seat of the valve. So I decided to get valve job.
Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:45 PM
After that I installed the valves & Premium BTR 660 valve spring kit. Then set the cylinder heads off to the side.
Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:47 PM
Next up was installing my Straub Technologies Trunnion kit into my factory rocker arms. Thanks to the summit racing tool it was a breeze. I also set those to the side.
Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:48 PM
I grabbed my 4.8 cleaned all the bolt holes in the block. Then replaced all the oil & coolant plugs. After all that I proceeded installing the LJMS Stage 1 cam followed by a new camshaft retainer.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users