HybridZ

Passenger side SBC rams horn truck manifold

Does anyone know for sure if the cast rams horn manifold used on the passenger side of '70s chevy trucks will work? See picture.  It looks like it would work, but I rather have some confidence before picking one up. And no, I have ZERO interest in headers, so I will appreciate input on the manifold in question. post-333-0-32538900-1439408964_thumb.jpg

You should have no problem....there's typically plenty of clearance on the passenger side.  It varies a little with different engine mounting configurations, but I had cast iron ramhorns on my SBC (mounted in the Scarab position) before switching to block huggers, and I had PLENTY of room on both sides of the engine.

Any particular reason you prefer the "swept back" collector, vs straight down?  Just curious...

Ahh...got it.  The only thing I would check for is to make sure there are no clearance issues between your downpipe and the firewall IF you have the JTR-style engine mounting.  While it's lower in the frame, it's also quite a bit further back closer to the firewall.  Just need to make sure you have no awkward angles fabbing the downtube for the manifold.

Ahh...got it.  The only thing I would check for is to make sure there are no clearance issues between your downpipe and the firewall IF you have the JTR-style engine mounting.  While it's lower in the frame, it's also quite a bit further back closer to the firewall.  Just need to make sure you have no awkward angles fabbing the downtube for the manifold.

I am using the JTR mounts, but will have to set the motor in to double check. Good point. 

any particular reason you're not interested in using headers? I'm curious...

I'm not interested in dealing with the common downsides of using headers. It's a street car and won't see the track, just sunny Sunday driving from time to time. Cast iron is generally worry free.