HybridZ

Z VETTE has a new caretaker, SKYLINE on the way.

PLATA

If you don't mind telling,,,,,, what did you get for the Z?  Wondering if you helped the market prices or if you kept them the same...

Let's put it this way, I was not selling it, got a very good coin for it, but to build a duplicate what I got will be a bit off.

Hey Lee, this is a little off topic, but I did some research for you.

So you'll end up using the Turbo stuff from the DET motor (Turbo/manifold, crossover pipe that has the factory blow off valve), there are provisions for the oil drain, feed, and coolant hoses, but they are either blocked off, or need to be drilled and tapped (i've read that some blocks have it capped off, and some need to be drilled and tapped for it).  

You'll need also need the ECU and MAF sensor (the injectors are the same size).  So it's virtually plug and play.  There's no wiring involved, you just unplug the stock ECU, and MAF, and replaced with the turbo versions.  So everything you do is actually on the mechanical side of it all.  You're compression is a bit higher (I've read two separate sources saying 9.5, and 10:1), but everyone seems to agree that you can run that same setup on 6-8 PSI, on the stock intercooler, and people say as high as 10-11 with a good fuel pump, and front mount intercooler.

CX Racing makes a really nice intercooler, and I can source a Walbro 255 fuel pump.  

Edited by ihiryu

Hey Lee, this is a little off topic, but I did some research for you.

So you'll end up using the Turbo stuff from the DET motor (Turbo/manifold, crossover pipe that has the factory blow off valve), there are provisions for the oil drain, feed, and coolant hoses, but they are either blocked off, or need to be drilled and tapped (i've read that some blocks have it capped off, and some need to be drilled and tapped for it).

You'll need also need the ECU and MAF sensor (the injectors are the same size). So it's virtually plug and play. There's no wiring involved, you just unplug the stock ECU, and MAF, and replaced with the turbo versions. So everything you do is actually on the mechanical side of it all. You're compression is a bit higher (I've read two separate sources saying 9.5, and 10:1), but everyone seems to agree that you can run that same setup on 6-8 PSI, on the stock intercooler, and people say as high as 10-11 with a good fuel pump, and front mount intercooler.

CX Racing makes a really nice intercooler, and I can source a Walbro 255 fuel pump.////////////::::::: My friend that is the topic here , a baby Godzilla sedan, thanks for the . info,it may be the logical thing to do and delete the whole engine swap, wonder what will be the cost involved ?, waiting here for this JDM TOY. BTW this is the look that I'm aiming for>>>

post-36683-0-05894500-1441240691_thumb.jpg Edited by PLATA

A set of coilovers and some wheels will get the look you're after!

I mean most of the parts you need will be coming off of mine, so you'll have everything you need for a good price, from one hz member to another.

...................................THANKS. Steven,so you are beefing up your coupe and parting it out ,I will definitely consider your offer , let's wait till my sedan gets to the US shores and take it from there. Edited by PLATA

Are they epsilons?

uuppss, I thought you ID the wheels, don't know the brand but there are similars out there, if any on forum wants to chime in that will be welcome, the issue I have is that this sedan comes with a four lug as in the picture from the car in Down Under. Edited by PLATA