HybridZ

trust turbo manifold that is not 2k dollars!!!

redzedturbo

I have a genuine Trust manifold, its absolutely beautiful and worth every cent I paid. Before buying it I did get a quote to have one made and there was very little difference in price at the time. With the quality of most of the stainless steel we see now I wouldn't even think of having one made, I brought a t3 to t4 adapter from America at a similar time to the Trust manifold and that started to rust in no time, whereas the manifold has no rust 10 years later, definitely worth the extra in my eyes.     

Hmm, i wonder if the manifold was made in sch 40, probably wouldn't have an issue with rusting.  But I just don't see the market for it.  I mean, the material is good, but what about the design?  

I just don't see material as a cost of 2K, maybe a grand, but no more than that.

Nobody used sch40. At most sch5... But that is NOT what the Trust headers are, they are not a weld-el fabrication. They are drawn mandrel tubing in stainless.

I love people who,think they can make an L6 manifold for $1,000.... Last group that did a tube header had a pile of crap that cost $1,500 and which didn't work.

If it were as easy as all that, people would be doing it. They're not.

Last time a saw one of those headers for sale it was on here like 2 years ago and it sold for a good price then at 650 just for the header ...

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/114922-rare-1x-trustgreddy-turbo-manifold-2x-hks-turbo-manifold/

And i have not seen one for sale since !....400 for the header plus a turbo and downpipe ....looks like a great deal !

The thing that i cant figure out is the header in the upgarage photo has welds everywhere and the photo in  the link i provided doesnt even show welds anywhere ...can this be a fake copy of a trust header?

Edited by theatriks

Nobody used sch40. At most sch5... But that is NOT what the Trust headers are, they are not a weld-el fabrication. They are drawn mandrel tubing in stainless.

I love people who,think they can make an L6 manifold for $1,000.... Last group that did a tube header had a pile of crap that cost $1,500 and which didn't work.

If it were as easy as all that, people would be doing it. They're not.

I would think it's because the market isn't that great for them.  I'm not a fabricator myself (which I'm sure you already knew), but I just can't see anyone paying that much for just a manifold.  Considering 2K, is well on your way to getting a RB25 motor set.  

With 304 SS that's probably $400 materials at a low volume price, if it's good which you would suspect a Trust would be then 321 which would be closer to $600. If you fabbed a one off it would probably take about 30 to 50 hours. You can see how it gets to $2K real quick.

The link is already dead. A manifold and turbo for $400 is Chinese, obviously because of low labor costs. The welds will be suspect and so is the material.

There's RB26 manifolds for $150 on Ebay. You could grind off all the welds and re-weld but is it really 304? And how much would it cost to have it analyzed?

Edited by Chris Duncan

Another place they cut corners is tubing thickness.

(Ebay)

A $240 OBX RB26 exh manifold uses 1.5mm wall tubing

A $700 Tomei uses 2.5mm wall

these are both 304. Anything in the above $1000 range will be 321.

304 will handle factory level HP and maybe a little more, 321 will handle way more.

Believe it or not there's a $150 RB manifold on Ebay that advertises as 321. Pretty doubtful...

Edited by Chris Duncan

The header in question is coming from yokohama japan ...idk  why you guys keep referring to chinese made headers......imo japan quality and china quality are two different ends of the spectrum.

$400 for a turbo and a manifold? Maybe something has changed but I've never seen Japanese parts sell for that amount. Maybe it's just shipping from Japan?

You have a point for sure ....but I was under the impression that even the good quality parts from Japan are still cheaper if you can find them .

I find that parts from retail stores in Japan are marked A lot less then states side retail stores selling the same parts .

So I would imagine finding a "Craigslist" type store selling used quality parts for cheap is quite possibly !

The header in question is coming from yokohama japan ...idk  why you guys keep referring to chinese made headers......imo japan quality and china quality are two different ends of the spectrum.

I believe that's in reference to my post.

^^no not specifically ....all im stating is the ad red zed turbo posted up was of a used TRUST manifold ...which is very possible to get at that price if you know where to look on japanese websites....in america they sell for about 1200 bucks ...the brown HKS manifolds will sell for 650 usd state side ......in japan there are many guys selling used REAL trust /hks manifolds for much cheaper because there cheaper to get in japan. Like red zed was stating as will I ....dont get fooled by stateside prices ....if you know where to look on japanese websites and are able to translate ...you will be able to find a plethora of used REAL quality parts for much cheaper then USA!!!

For example just go to rhdjapan website ...they mark there stuff up alot but if you compare there kameari prices to kameari usa....you will see exactly what i mean and to stick with what  red zed was posting is .....look in japan before you spend huge bucks on the same part in usa .....hes right and i thank him for showing us that to help us save money.

Now im sure theres usa retaillers here who dont like to see threads like these but its the truth.

Theres a zed dedicated company in my neck of the woods that gets skids of r200 longnoses straight from japan and sells them here for what everybody sells them for ....650-800 usd.....so if hes selling them at that price... i can guarantee you he has a japanese connection where he is getting them at a much lower price then we see.

Most people keep these findings a secret and red zed turbo was just being nice and sharing.

Edited by theatriks

• 2 weeks later...

I walked into Odaiba during an oldtimers swap meet and there was a complete HALTEC setup with 50mm ITB's one of those Kameari Distributors, an MSD7 all wiring, fuel pumps set up for an S30...everything you needed for a big HP Setup... $2,000 asking price complete.

I was severely chastised by someone for not making a phone call and waking them up in Wisconsin upon finding it!

I did manage to buy 6 sets of Late Model S30 JDM Tail Lights for $30 a pair that day.

Yeah, if you're there, the prices are better.