HybridZ

How to attach nardi steering wheel

fortnox

For my datsun 260z I have a grant steering wheel adapter, 5 bolt pattern. Is there an adapter I can use to attach a nardi steering wheel 6 bolt pattern to my grant steering wheel hub. If not what setup do i need to run the nardi wheel? Thanks for the help.

Yeah, that was just the first example that popped up on ebay.  Have no personal experience with that one, but I did purchase this one a year ago and it seems fine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steering-Wheel-Hub-Adapter-Boss-Kit-For-Datsun-240Z-260Z-280Z-510-620-C10-N-2-/121080938105?hash=item1c30fc7e79&vxp=mtr

One of those things you can spend as little or as much as you want to on it.

• 2 weeks later...

My advice is to go with the cheap BOSS adapter.  I got a pricey Nardi branded one the alignment of the turn signal cancel switches was off by 30 degrees.  The Nardi wheel has 6 bolts 60 degrees apart and on the wheel I have the two bolts that are bisected horizontally should align with the turn signal cancel switches.   Mine had the left side high by 30 degrees and the right side low by 30 degrees because the adapter was clocked incorrectly.  

While it worked, when making shallow left turns the turn signal cancel tabs didn't cancel with turn signal.  The cheap ebay BOSS adapter had the turn signal cancel tabs in alignment with the horizon when the wheel was mounted.     

• 3 weeks later...

I recently purchased a Momo crush hub for my NRG quick release to Nardi wheel for my 280z. I recomend considering the Momo over other hubs due to its ability to "crush" in case of an accident, instead of just staying stiff and potentially hurting your chest or head. Hope that helps! 

tumblr_nvgrwlFwAR1theekfo1_540.jpg

• 6 months later...

I recently purchased a Momo crush hub for my NRG quick release to Nardi wheel for my 280z. I recomend considering the Momo over other hubs due to its ability to "crush" in case of an accident, instead of just staying stiff and potentially hurting your chest or head. Hope that helps! 

tumblr_nvgrwlFwAR1theekfo1_540.jpg

hey, old post, but i was wondering how close the wheel actually is to you now that you added like...5 or so inches for both the adapter and the quick release. 

you can PM if so. thanks.