HybridZ

280z FP Build

Oh man….that’s a huge bummer, Ben.  Glad you’re ok, and the underlying structure’s ok — but it’s still a bummer to see.  How long are you expecting repairs to take?

Curious what kind of dyno was used?  Glad to hear you’re happy with the new motor.

Don’t hesitate to ask if you’re needing bits & pieces for the rework.

PRE uses a Dynojet. Can't remember if those are supposed to read high or low, but it's a good metric if you always use the same one! I'd have liked a bit more power, but I think ~400hp is more than enough to get into trouble. (clearly!)

IMG_2282.jpeg.bf7183397a87867b74abae219106046e.jpeg

So far the repairs are minor, and the trick has been sourcing panels. A PNW local reached out and had a set of fenders and headlight buckets he sold me for a song, and I'm taking a trek up north on Saturday to pick up a new hood. I think the airdam is mostly savable, but the old headlight covers and flares are toast. Working to get a new set of flares from Japan, and another instagram follower was super kind and sent me some replacement headlight covers! 

Planning to have the car back out August 19/20 at ORP. We'll have some crazy mis-matched body work and a plywood splitter, but I think we should be in decent shape for continuing to shake the car down!

IMG_2341.jpeg.39de3bdfdb13c98bf8b8c27a1f736709.jpeg