HybridZ

Overhead Switches

skerry

I bought some custom overhead switch panels that were made for the 240z off ebay on a whim. I kind of thought they might be cool and I'd never seen any before so I bought them. No I have them and they seem pretty cool but I'm striking out on ideas of things to do with them. The AC system I'm installing has an electronic control piece so I thought that might be cool especially with the lack of space in that center dash area(I have a double din radio). Also thinking I'm going to install some lights and do away with the little dome light. It came with 3 sets of them and one of them has the seatbelt lights installed in it which might be a cool idea.

Just figured I would throw it out to you guys, see if you had any ideas. 

Thanks

Stephen

Map lights,

Fog lights,

Nitrous arm switch,

Nitrous purge,

Methanol/Alcohol injection arm switch...

Any pictures? Link? Sounds interesting.

Map lights would be cool as well as fog lights, no NOS or cool stuff like that though on my car. Here are a couple of pictures, unfortunately they aren't on the car. The holes on the horizontal piece are where the visors would go to kind of help you get your bearings on how they would go in. 

http://i.imgur.com/lb6QWW5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yhRQDnR.jpg

Give us a picture of your console with the 2-DIN stereo pls. I'm thinking of doing that too.

Here is a picture of what I currently have before I put it in the car but I'm in the process of changing it up right now. I used PVC board to build that piece which I will do again but this time I'm incorporating it with the console and moving the stereo up as it's behind the shifter like that.

http://i.imgur.com/raY76d0.jpg

Thanks! That's help to visualize it. Ithe screen looks smaller than I envisioned. I agree it should be higher than you have it in the picture. I even thought of angling the face upward but that complicates the installation

Edited by z240

Flux capacitor.

This is what I'm talking about, I will need to invent it first but it will make an excellent addon. Other things I'm considering. Driver and Passenger side seatbelt reminder lights, rear view backup camera, fog lights, map lights, cubby hole, interior light switches, and a dummy switch marked rocket booster.