HybridZ

'81 280zx turbo died at highway speed - suggestions?

phi135

I have an '81 280zx turbo.  I'm using the MS3/3.57 - with the latest firmware.  I've been driving the car for over a year - after many months of learning how to convert to MS3.

Car had been running SWEET.  I took it out for a Sunday drive two weeks ago - coincidentlally I went with a laptop connected, simply logging.  I wanted to come back later and analize the log for any possible tweeks.

Alas - damn car died when I was doing about 50.  I pulled over, into a side street.  Long story short - spent several hours doing some debuging.  I have determined that I am not getting any spark.  The MS3 is alive - I can put it on a JimStim - or in the car - the sensors appear to work, and I am getting RPM signal.  Again - just no spark.  I replaced the new coil with yet anothe new coil - same result.  I also used the Tunerstudio output test mode to test spark.  No spark.

Any suggestions from anyone?  I am attaching the log file  I was recording when the car died.  I don't see anything odd. 

My car config:

- stock - everything except the MS3/3.57

- I am using the DIYAutotune trigger wheel

The ig LED on the MEGASTIM is always on.  On when I attach it to the MS3 - stays on even after I try an output test mode. 

I did replace the BIP373 just for grins.  I read where some folks believe they have "blown" this component - still others insist that doing so is almost impossible.