HybridZ

Your thoughts on this L28 Please.

zilvia_gt

Hello All,

I have an oportunity to pickup another good condition 240Z. I believe it's a 71. The owner says the motor is a performance motor, but she's not sure because it belonged to her EX...I'm not familiar with the L28 so what should I be looking for?

Any pointers or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

post-2586-0-88435000-1441406317_thumb.jpeg

post-2586-0-19596800-1441406328_thumb.jpeg

Buy it NOW.  Oroville.. good climate for old cars.   Buy it cheap before she changes her mind.  Then put a breaker bar on the crank and see if it's locked. Odd's are it isn't. By the looks of that motor he took good care of it.

Edited by greghassen

Hello All,

I have an oportunity to pickup another good condition 240Z. I believe it's a 71. The owner says the motor is a performance motor, but she's not sure because it belonged to her EX...I'm not familiar with the L28 so what should I be looking for?

Any pointers or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

It's worth it for the triple carbs alone, although you haven't said how much she's asking.

If you buy it, take the plugs out and put just a little bit of oil in each cylinder, letting them soak overnight, before taking the breaker bar to the crank. But yeah judging by appearance alone that looks like it could be a nice little gem.

Edited by zeeboost

If you buy it, take the plugs out and put just a little bit of oil in each cylinder, letting them soak overnight, before taking the breaker bar to the crank. But yeah judging by appearance alone that looks like it could be a nice little gem.

Actually either Marvel Mystery Oil or WD-40 would be best in case there is a concern about it being frozen up.  Pulling the plugs first and then trying to turn it over with the crank pulley would be the first move, though.  If that doesn't work then use the oil.

If it's the stock motor then it's an L24 (2400 cc) not an L28 (2800cc).

I notice that it has dealer added AC. I'd be sure to keep that function but replace the compressor with a new style that will be more efficient and a LOT smaller.

Edited by Phantom