HybridZ

Reproducing HeadLight Covers input needed from the community

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Work continues. I hope to be making the first of my pre production rings in a few weeks. Also doing a little more work on perfecting and strengthening the molds. If all goes well I hope to begin production by the end of the month.

I'm also working on "reproducing" the JDM "honeycomb" style grille. Plans are to do asome in both satin black and gunmetal grey. I would also be willing to paint them in any custom color.Further down the line I plan on building a few sets of Kameari style headers, as well as some very high quality front and rear bumpers. Show quality finish and plating. I've also got plans to make a few aluminum hoods.. Carbon fiber is trick but for a classic vehicle like the S30 I think aluminum would be cool. B)

Edited by Chris_Hamilton

• 1 month later...

I'd love to see these recreated in Gorrilla Glass or Pyrex Glass. It would be really expensive and require Stainless molds to be made, but the end product would never fog up, and would be bonded to the headlight buckets with the same adhesive that modern cars use, so they wouldn't leak from the front. the ring would need to be redesigned and stuck in with the same adhesive to cover the gap. The rear would have to be remade with a special seal and cap. Likely with Projector lenses. Cost would likely be >$1000 a pair depending on volume of course. I don't have the resources, but I had looked into ceramic molds, but the failure rate is way too high when slumping Pyrex between two plates, that's why Stainless.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are currently in process of making OEM type headlight covers and will be in production later this year. Since there are few different versions made by Nissan at the time which most people are not Aware of, we are finalizing small details right now. It will be manufactured by headlight company.

Stay tune!

JDM-car-parts.com

• 2 weeks later...

I keep looking at this hoping that these become available at a reasonable price.

Your idea of  "a reasonable price" is not necessarily going to match the production costs of such items (they are very labour intensive) but have faith, JDM Car Parts are more likely to come through than most of the rag tag bag of dreamers who have promised these before now...