HybridZ

Stainless steel headers, exhaust and JDM twin-pipe rear muffler

SeanD

I haven't mentioned this before but.......goodies !

There is no profit in this - it's just for fun so here is the range :

Lanyards $4

Iron-on embroidered patches $6 (images to follow)

Leather, laser-cut key-rings (choice of two shapes) $12

100% cotton T-shirts $14

Grill badges (printed resin on s-steel) $30

All with postage on top (if not ordering with a header/line/muffler) but I'll get them out as cheap as poss. normally no more than $12

post-26030-0-39544600-1502554960_thumb.jpg

post-26030-0-57746900-1502554973_thumb.jpg

post-26030-0-17148600-1502554983_thumb.jpg

post-26030-0-33030100-1502554991_thumb.jpg

post-26030-0-13875600-1502555023_thumb.jpg

Hi...or theirs looks very close to mine, Fujitsubo also......or we've all gone donc the same path....! :D

Without knowing the bore sizes and the placing of the three bolt-holes, I can't confirm.

However, I can share with you what my Street-sport header flange is like for you to compare if you have the Trust header already.

post-26030-0-85598100-1502821362_thumb.jpg

post-26030-0-73924100-1502821396_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hi guys.

Been a while and I'm sure that you've been as busy as I have elsewhere.

The last batch in August sold out within 2x months and the latest has just arrived meaning that my garage once again becomes a rich 'dump' of cardboard and stainless-steel !

If anyone is interested, not all was pre-paid and reserved - prices remain the same.

Kind regards.

003.JPG

011.JPG

019.JPG

002.JPG

024.JPG

023.JPG

026.JPG

025.JPG

014.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and which do you mean ? The first two are round at 150mm and 380mm long.

The Street is oval :

Dimensions :

Entry pipe = 63mm / 2.5’’ diameter (with 67mm sleeve) 110mm long

Box = 350mm long and 240mm wide x 110mm

Exit pipe = 1x63mm / 2.5’’ diameter (200mm long)

Total length = 660mm (front of entry pipe to upper end of exit pipe)

038.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Gosh - I haven't seen this year go by - so busy.

Next batch available in January and a lot pre-sold with the current -15% discount.

I've done some tweaks here and there for better fitting, finished the Fast-Road header and produced a limited run of stainless-tubular L28ET headers.

I still haven't got around to finishing the S30 downpipes between the stock manifold and my exhaust line - that's next !

I did finally sit down and produce a map of clients - not too much detail as I don't want anyones' car stolen but a fun way to see how well you know your neighbours 😄 , here it is up to date* :

https://www.mapcustomizer.com/map/Zstory exhaust customers

*however, I might I have some of you - if so, please contact me via an PM.

• 1 month later...

Zstory wishes all its past, current and future customers, families and friends a Happy and, above all, healthy 2019 !

I have some disappointing news to annonce – my next batch won’t be available until end-February and I’ve had to postpone production of my new L28ETurbo manifold for flange compatability issues which cost me some delays, not helped by the Christmas and New Year holiday shutdown.

I sincerely apologise for this delay of a month and invite anyone, for whom this presents a problem to contact me via PM.

Please rest assured that once they arrive, I will do my very best to expediate tham asap.

Best regards and once again, my apologies.

Sean

• 3 months later...

California exhaust law 95dB !

https://jalopnik.com/why-people-are-suddenly-freaking-out-over-californias-e-1831620651

1)      Existing law requires every motor vehicle subject to registration to be equipped with an adequate muffler in constant operation and properly maintained to prevent any excessive or unusual noise and prohibits a muffler or exhaust system from being equipped with a cutout, bypass, or similar device.

2)      Existing law further prohibits the modification of an exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner that will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor of the vehicle so that the vehicle exceeds existing noise limits.

How do cops decide if my exhaust is illegal?

There are two things the state of California cares about when it comes to your car’s exhaust: How loud it is and how much it pollutes. Biannual smog testing means your car has to pass an emission test to stay street legal, but noise enforcement is a little more vague.

Per California Highway Patrol Bulletin NO.98-100: “Excessive Noise is primarily a nuisance issue rather than a safety concern, and determination of excessive noise is subjective. For this reason, enforcement personnel are to exercise sound professional judgment in making a determination of violation.”

So how exactly do they measure 95 dB?

Practically speaking it’s going to come down to the cop. If they think you sound too loud, they can pull you over and slap you with a ticket. So those of you with wide pipes might be wise to coast with your clutch in when you pass a parked police car.

What does that mean in plain English?

Before 2019, California cops could pull you over for having a loud exhaust but they would issue a “fix-it ticket.” That means that if you went back to them with a stock exhaust reinstalled within a certain amount of time, you would be free and clear.

Police are not allowed to do that anymore, and now will just give you a violation on the spot !

Cali sets the trend – what happens there spreads out across the country and often further around the world !

We all love the sound of our inline sixes whether it be burbling on tickover, running up through the torque-rich low to mid-range revs or hunting the last few horses bouncing off the red line with the rev limiter flashing.

But we must face todays’ reality that pollution is poltically incorrect and where ‘they’ can’t get us on content as our cars are classics, they can on noise-pollution !

Stock, OEM exhausts are NLA and who’d want them, especially after we’ve improved our engines – no-one wants to strangle the engines’ potentiel.

There are many choices off the shelf for after-market exhausts and many local shops will make and fit up what you want….the knack is to get the right package !

Here in Europe, the laws have been getting steadily more strict to the point where one asks oneself if it’s just a machivelian method of remowing all old cars from road, classics or not !

Most circuits have a dB limit which one must pass before being allowed on, others have certain noise detectors around the circuit pinpointing ‘abusive’ cars and certain are allowed a specific dB level throughout the year and once reached, their credit is up until the end of the year. Obviously these latter don’t want to lose valuable hiring days and so enforce strict controls !

The tendancy is therefore to lower the dB limits which may penalise many owners, in towns, cities, certain periods of the day and circuits which have remained hollowed places at which to enjoy our sportscars.

Solutions ?

Even kept in the best condition, certain after-market exhaust lines (and I include headers in a ‘complete’ exhaust line) are just not conceived to be quiet !

Sold mostly to enhance performance, the free-flow exhausts with no intemediate silencer box and a glass-pack or expansion ‘muffler’ at the rear merely make more noise than power, completely ignoring certain physcial rules about velocity, scavenging and harmonics leading to exhaust drone.

I remember fitting a Twice-pipes line to a 6-2 header back in 1991 – I loved it and boy was it loud ; I remember being flagged down by a cop for having ‘pulled away too agressively from the sidewalk’ when I was only doing 25mp/h and having to dip the clutch to rapidly lower the engine revs whilst in the vicinity of others and late at night coming home. Great days but more complicated now……

It’s surprising when someone spends good money of their paint, nice wheels, interior, engine, brake and suspension upgrades and then refit the 20year old header connected to one the cheapest exhaust lines available online !

Your cars’ complete exhaust has as much importance as your choice of induction – twin carbs, triples, 4barrel, injection, ITBs, turbo (s) ?

Accordingly, it should be chosen with care, with the long-term in mind as no-one likes spending twice and, as I always advise, with your end use in mind !

I’m working on a guide to understanding exhaust mechanics, something simple to read albeit complete. I believe that there isn’t enough unbiased information out there to properly advise users.

Db limits of my mufflers using a resonator and measured on a Rebello L32 with triple 44 Mikunis !

Engine revs

resonator

Muffler

at 50cm

at 1m

Yes

Classic

Yes

JDM

Yes

Trackday

Yes

Street

Later on this year, I’ll be adding a fifth muffler type to my range ; the ‘Hako’, a horizontal twin-exit muffler which can expected to sound similar to my JDM.

My Street and Trackday share the same exterior form, the Street being baffled whereas the Trackday is an expansion box as per the Classic, JDM and Hako.

Choose wisely.

014.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

So, this is the definitive part in prototype form - it'll look a whole lot better after production :-) !

Hako muffler.

USD$200

CAN$270

(+ shipping)

I shall be doing a limited run of 20x initially, orders for all catalogue parts currently being taken, available in October, maybe September.

My L28ET header will also be available then.

003.JPG

002.JPG

001.JPG

006.JPG

Edited by SeanD