HybridZ

ls Front accessory help

Hey guys,

So I have done some reading and research and I am very surprised to find nothing on this topic.

I am about to start assembling my lq4 based 408 stroker.

The front timing cover I have on this motor is from the stock lq4. The car I am swapping it into is a 73 240z and I do not want the car to have power steering or ac. Does anybody know of a front accessory drive combo, with part numbers, that will mount to my motor, place the alternator in the f body position, and will work with the lq4 front timing cover? Any issues with the F body mounting position.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

So I have done some reading and research and I am very surprised to find nothing on this topic.

I am about to start assembling my lq4 based 408 stroker.

The front timing cover I have on this motor is from the stock lq4. The car I am swapping it into is a 73 240z and I do not want the car to have power steering or ac. Does anybody know of a front accessory drive combo, with part numbers, that will mount to my motor, place the alternator in the f body position, and will work with the lq4 front timing cover? Any issues with the F body mounting position.

Thanks

If all you want is to run the alternator in the F body position on a truck then simply buy a LS1 F body alternator bracket and mount it on your block.  Your iron block should have a flat boss that you will drill and tap.  You will need to cut a spacer to make up the difference between truck and passenger car  crank/water pump pully.  I used scrap AL flat plate.  Advantage is that the longer 135 Amp  truck alternator will clear the Z motor mounts.. The spacer would be .50 or .75 inches.  This modification is covered somewhere on HybridZ.  You do have to buy 2 longer shoulder bolts with allen  heads to clear the serpentine belt.  You, of course, remove and sell the truck p/s & alternator mount.

Edited by zgeezer