HybridZ

Engine fixed and running but no lights....

rajien2

Sorry think I had this in the wrong spot.

78 280z

Hey guys,

I have spent the last 2 weeks working on the engine swapped out injectors and ran new high pressure hoses.. She is running very well now. However I have some electrical issues before wiping out the multi meter and pulling ever single wire starting at the power source.... I just wanted to throw out what I am missing maybe its something super simple that someone has had before. Ive done some searching and heard issues with the dimmer switch, now is this what adjusts the dash lights or kicks the high and low beams on and off?

Issues,

No gauges but the speedo and volt meter work, everything else is bellow 0.

No tail lights or blinkers of any kind, changed all the bulbs.

windshield wipers worked for a day then stopped working at all.

Low beams work however when you click to high they go off.

No interior lights of any kind.

all glass fuses look good and have been changed, I still need to clean all the contacts. 

Side note there is a white plastic block where a bunch of large connections plug into each other under the passenger well. It looks like a few of the wires have melted at some point I was in the process of assigning the damage before getting pulled away. It does not looks like any of the wires are melted together to the point they are touching metal. Again just worth mentioning.

Items missing from the car, I am not sure any of them have dependency of the lighting but worth bringing up.

Radio gone

Heater and AC controls gone

Center dash with fasten seat belt, choke and defrost back window gone.

I have the hazard switch connected to the correct spot.... I think...

Hey thanks for all your help guys, I will post pictures of my solution when i find it to help others.

Thanks

Cody