HybridZ

Where to go for bearings pressed onto TTT coilovers?

I bought some TTT coilovers awhile ago and I want to get them in.  The problem for me is that a lot of the wheel components like the bearings need to be pressed onto the coilovers.  Where do I take my wheel parts to get swapped over to the coilovers?  An alignment shop or a machine shop with a press?  How much would it cost to get these parts onto the coilovers (but not installed on the car)?

I recently did the full T3 coilover setup and I would recommend purchasing a 20ton Harbor Freight press or similar if you have the space to do so. 

Here's what I pressed which is fairly universal and not just T3: 

1) Front hub Inner Wheel Bearing Races

2) Rear Hub Wheel Bearings

After that it's all a bolt-on affair. 

I paid something like 100-150 for the press after tax during a Harbor Freight sale which happens frequently and the entire process took me about 2 hours drinking beers with friends. In those 2 hours we were also cleaning things, generally messing around, and installed Nismo studs on all 4 corners so you could probably get this done in an hour if you're really on-point. 

You can take the parts to any shop with a press and does suspension work, really. the 100-150 and 2 hours of labor and beers/some BYOB should give you a ballpark comparison of what it would cost you versus a local shop quote. I'm in CA so shop prices here are pretty high unless you're friends with the owner. 

Edit: As RebekahsZ mentioned, you can (and I have) used the press for a lot more than just wheel bearings. I've actually used the press for every vehicle I've owned including my motorcycles and others. It all comes down to if you have the time, space, etc. As with most tools, It'll save you a lot in labor for the long run if you actually use it. 

Edited by Dat73z