HybridZ

Compare your Dyno sheets HERE

supernova_6969

Very nice.  Your other post says 72 240Z.  Is the engine the original L24, modified, or is it an L28ET swap?  Stock drivetrain, R180, or also modded?  That's a lot of torque for the R180.

Must be the Sniper or Terminator engine management, right?  There's several.

https://www.holley.com/brands/holley_efi/

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Block is an F54 L28ET.  I currently have a Holley Dominator EFI computer but I have also used their HP system.  The Dominator has enough outputs so I can run a 2 solenoid boost control system with the Ford idle control solenoid and staged dual fans. It has an early S14 240SX 5 speed and long nose R200 with 3.54 and full pack limited slip.  Suspension has sectioned struts with Tokicos and coil overs.  Brakes are JRZ 4 wheel disks.

The mechanics are mostly sorted out now.  The limited slip judders during tight turns under power and the clutch disengages closer to the floor than I'd like it to.  Speed and Sport got the idle sorted out which really made the car more pleasant to drive.  The turbo plumbing separates occasionally under boost because one piece of hose is too short.  

Motor4.jpg

Motor3.jpg

Motor2.jpg

• 5 months later...

I finally get to contribute in this thread.   Only got a baseline in before my ignition was cutting out at high RPM so we pulled it off the rollers.

5 years of EFI fun to get to this point, relieved I could drive home. (Swear I was more nervous then when I proposed to my wife).

Ported P90 with 510 lift, 280 duration cam. ~8.5:1

Cast pistons +0.040.

440cc injectors

Platinum Sport ECU

HX35 w/12cm housing

6-6.5psi

3” Exhaust/DP w/hi flow cat

LS coils

Sadly this chart doesn’t show boost, but my datalogs leading up to this point show 3rd gear pulls hitting 6psi by 3500RPM.  Chickenman safe tune for the street.

I find the torque curve and associated drop off really peculiar.  Anyhow, enjoy!

1D9DFEA5-86F9-4E85-B61F-20B5F53D8FCD.jpeg

Edited by HuD 91gt

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AydinZ71 said:

@HuD 91gt looks like you have some decent work on your head, but I think your EFI needs some work. When you say platinum sport ECU, is that an independent EFI system or a plug-and-play into the existing harness? 

Haltech Platinum Sport 2000.   The closest available ECU would be the Haltech Elite 2000. Very capable unit.

On 4/18/2021 at 11:24 AM, HuD 91gt said:

I finally get to contribute in this thread.   Only got a baseline in before my ignition was cutting out at high RPM so we pulled it off the rollers.

5 years of EFI fun to get to this point, relieved I could drive home. (Swear I was more nervous then when I proposed to my wife).

Ported P90 with 510 lift, 280 duration cam. ~8.5:1

Cast pistons +0.040.

440cc injectors

Platinum Sport ECU

HX35 w/12cm housing

6-6.5psi

3” Exhaust/DP w/hi flow cat

LS coils

Sadly this chart doesn’t show boost, but my datalogs leading up to this point show 3rd gear pulls hitting 6psi by 3500RPM.  Chickenman safe tune for the street.

I find the torque curve and associated drop off really peculiar.  Anyhow, enjoy!

1D9DFEA5-86F9-4E85-B61F-20B5F53D8FCD.jpeg

I have the same numbers on my 3.2 NA!

No, I think you have a bigger flatter torque curve! Lol

but saying that, to make me feel better if I break it down in my head,  6psi is artificially 40% larger in displacement.   Meaning my N/A 2.8 is making 160whp as it sits with very very conservative timing and 8.5:1 compression.   Seems bleak, but at least it’s higher then stock! Lol.    

a 3.2L on the other hand is 13% larger in displacement.  Bring that down to 2.8L levels and were at 196whp.   What are 2 points of compression worth?    

all this doesn’t really make sense as head flow is headflow, but the math may work for peak torque values?  Who knows. Makes me feel better though 😛

Edited by HuD 91gt