HybridZ
supernova_6969

Compare your Dyno sheets HERE

I have one as well and considering just a short rubber coupler going to a throttle body with cable actuation.

I guess two throttle body back to back with plate removed out of one would be super easy but likely look pretty ghetto.

I think 60mm TB is as big as one should go since I've driven a super responsive n/a l28 with the Q45 throttle body and found modulating it at low throttle openings difficult since you need very little throttle angle to greatly effect power production.

I mean...........the toyota GTP car made 800+hp with a 54mm restrictor and bob lentz's gt2 350z makes north of 380hp with a 30mm restrictor on a normally aspirated vq engine.

Edited by HowlerMonkey

attachicon.gifDyno graph.jpg

L28 87.5mm bore 79mm stroke 2850cc's JE 300zxtt forged pistons, custom rods RSR 1.72

Australian delivered late model E88 head. CNC ported flowed stainless 44mm/35mm valves

300 degree 590 lift camshaft

10 to 1 compression

98 octane unleaded petrol (pump grade)

Clifford 6=8 four barrel manifold

Injection Perfection 1000cfm four barrel throttle body

280 zx distributor locked @ 30 degrees

MS2 3.5.7

Ebay generic headers

3 inch pipe

Varex muffler

It's that induction man.......that's where the power is. :-)  (oh, and the head,,,and cam. lol)

Do you have the flow numbers of your ported head?

2 hours ago, Nismospek said:

No clue, havn't messed with the engine other than fine tuning the carbs. No Vac Advance though.

Might have left some HP off the chart. Timing is important especially comparing apples to apples . That’s all part of tuning !

51 minutes ago, supernova_6969 said:

Hey nismospek.

Thanks for sharing indeed.   

Seems like the engine is at least as good as when it left the factory.   Has it even been rebuilt?

Performance looks pretty good, especially at 5000+ feet.    

Thanks again!

FWIW, looks like there's a 25% correction factor applied in an attempt to adjust for the altitude. Motor seems either tired or out of tune to me. Start with the basics: valve adjustment, timing, compression check, fuel mixture (dyno shop should've output that). Make sure ignition system is in good shape, e.g. cap, rotor, wires, plugs, and properly functioning advance.

Hi leon. 

Are you saying that the loss of power should be corrected/compensated for in the dyno chart and thus the numbers should be higher?

I might need to brush up on my numbers, but isn't 115 hp and 133lbs/ft at the wheel relatively normal for a stock engine?  This is an honest question, not an rebuke...   

S.

3 hours ago, supernova_6969 said:

Hi leon. 

Are you saying that the loss of power should be corrected/compensated for in the dyno chart and thus the numbers should be higher?

I might need to brush up on my numbers, but isn't 115 hp and 133lbs/ft at the wheel relatively normal for a stock engine?  This is an honest question, not an rebuke...   

S.

The power is already corrected, according to the chart. A dynojet+25% correction is telling me that there's something left on the table.

Initial baseline tune, at 5-6 pounds boost, is 174whp and 218#tq - car weighs 2261 currently

n42/n42 8.3:1 compression L28

440cc RC injectors

Walbro 255 fuel pump

shaved N42 non egr intake manifold

60mm ka24 throttle body

stock 280zx t3 turbo

stock wastegate settings (6psi)

Megasquirt 2 v3.0

Wasted Spark - Coil On Plug setup - Ford V8 coils

38933528584_f7191c63c6_h.jpg

27863839139_66d132ff27_b.jpg

Edited by OldAndyAndTheSea

5 hours ago, Chickenman said:

^ That looks like a pretty stout beginning for a Baseline Tune. Looks to be well sorted already. Would have been nice to see AFR's. 

Yeah, I wasn't there to see...but I too would like to see the AFR's.

I am excited and I think this engine will hit my 250-300 hp/tq goals with relative ease. Especially once I upgrade turbos.

I asked for, and was told it was, a fairly conservative tune. It pains me that I wasn't there....haha.

I look forward to documenting my results.

Oldman....

How come i haven't heard of this on your build topic??  Did i miss it? :-)

Anyways thanks for posting.  Engine looks strong and steady.   I can't wait to see how it evolves.   

I have to say, i like how the dyno sheet starts the results at 1800rpm.  I find most start later, and i want to see more low rpm information.....

1 hour ago, supernova_6969 said:

Oldman....

How come i haven't heard of this on your build topic??  Did i miss it? :-)

Anyways thanks for posting.  Engine looks strong and steady.   I can't wait to see how it evolves.   

I have to say, i like how the dyno sheet starts the results at 1800rpm.  I find most start later, and i want to see more low rpm information.....

my newest post happened late last night. I just had the car dyno'd a couple days ago.