HybridZ

L30ET vs RB25DET

JacktheRiffer

At the 500hp level I would want a lot more sensors and control then what I understand Megasquirt can support.  The level of aftermarket support for the L-Gata engine and RB25 are pretty much equal here in the US.  Look beyond the typical JDM store and you'll find a lot of stuff for the L-Gata engine. Again, its pretty much a toss up.

The mspro seems to be quite an advanced system, seems like you can generate bias curves for sensor inputs as well as scalars. Even with the older models you can set certain thresholds for additional sensors like knock sensors, but that is pretty archaic compared to modern ECU's.

L30ET would require boring the cylinders out, I think forged pistons if you are going the KA24de piston route, a custom turbo manifold or at least a bit of modification to fit in an appropriate sized turbo, bigger injectors, new ECU harness, more advanced ECU, tuning.

RB25DET would require a turbo manifold, bigger injectors, either an ECU flash or aftermarket ECU/maybe a piggy back, tuning, custom engine mounts, driveshaft, transmission mounts. 

If you want that kind of power level at a reliable point, I would be tempted to look for motors that come factory with those kind of levels. LS2 I think came with 375hp in certain cars.