HybridZ

L28ET/T5

Zetsaz

I'm seeing very few around for sale these days. What to are they going for. Found a combo near me that was going for $800. Custom fuel rail, Might need a new cam, but aside from that it looks pretty complete and stock.

Is this about right these says?

Yeah, that's the big problem I'm seeing, is most of the posts I find with pricing are from several years ago. Wasn't even really considering buying a trans/engine so soon, but considering they're becoming harder and harder to find and they're not terribly expensive I might just spring for it and let it sit around while I finish other things. 

Besides... my birthday is coming up. Maybe I can pull some strings and go 50/50 on it with my dad since he's gonna get some fun out of the car too haha.

Thanks for the response!

Edited by Zetsaz

Time to buy it is when it's cheap. I bought a complete ZXT motor for $100 last year when I didn't even have a Z at the time. Guy had a rust bucket of Z for sale on CL never mentioning any of the extra parts. I got lucky. I should have bought the other motors too looking back.

Update since I got the chance to see it and get more details from the owner:

-'83 L28ET, stage II cam, custom fuel rail, 450cc injectors, Garrett T3 turbo, high flow down pipe, upgraded pop off valve, double valve springs, ported head.

-BW T5, carbon synchros, B&M short shifter.

... Should I make the guy an offer and let it sit around while I'm away from home, or wait?