HybridZ

Project Rex Killer, 240z LS3

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good time with that setup. I'm trying to get back one more time even on this converter to see where the new whp puts me for mph

I'd have to price out an intake, it would be competitive for sure, my problem is cylinder heads. I can get an old 5.3 block but need heads to verify port location and runner alignment

Nathan, if you hit the LS1tech.com marketplace it seems like there are always stock heads to be had. Here in Utah they are constantly for sale on the local classifieds for ~$200-400 a set depending on casting number and condition, sometimes far less. If you need s mock up set let meet know and I'm sure we can find some

I got the phone call last night I have been waiting for. My buddy with the rx7 is considering alum heads for his 421. What that means for me and our race is I get to turbo charge it now. We had agreed on my ls3 and his cast iron headed stroker, but I always told him if he Gos with the AFR heads he wants I'm at to much of a power deficiet that I get to turbo. Well, the time has come

Now to start thinking about what to do. An s475 is just to big to package with what I have left for room, so I'm looking at the smaller s256 and running twins maybe or possibly a smaller package 75mm precision turbo. I was looking at twin s360's as well but room is really at a premium

Either way an ETS 4x12x24 inch core will fit up front

Just so many turbos to pick from. I'm grabbing an eBay gt45 at lunch from another buddy for sizing things up

That's good time with that setup. I'm trying to get back one more time even on this converter to see where the new whp puts me for mph

I'd have to price out an intake, it would be competitive for sure, my problem is cylinder heads. I can get an old 5.3 block but need heads to verify port location and runner alignment

Totally understandable. If I had an extra set laying around, I'd send them your way, but ls7 heads are few and far between

Well not much got done over the weekend. I have almost a 1300 square foot house with a 1300 square foot daylight basement that has my 20x20 garage, second bath, laundry and a reck room. We don't use the reck room much so I cut a 7-1/2 foot hole in the wall to open the garage up to the reck room adding an additional 15 feet of depth and about 25 feet of width in all. I'm in process of moving all my tooling to the new area so the original garage can hold both cars with breathing room around them. I'm excited for this

But I did get the Intercooler mocked up. It's where the grille would be forward of the torsion rods, plan is now to move the radiator ahead about 4 inches till it just touches the torsion rods and that opens up ample room to fit the s480 I decided to go with

Got moved along on this project today. Here are the F body 90/10 drag struts. You can see the stock one and the other how I trimmed off all the mounting hardware and fitted up a PC of dom tubing for it to sit in. I'll weld the tubing to the Z spindle and slice/bolt clamp the strut in. Just need to order the coil over sleeve

FullSizeRender_zpsoclapyyp.jpg

Kind of a random post. Weighing my options it seems buying a new set of Pistons is in order. So my thought is pull my current Pistons out and sell them. They have 35 miles on em, 4.065 stock bore ls3 drop ins, with stock length 6.098 rod. They are advertised at a 5cc dome and have huge valve reliefs. With .030 shaved off the head and a .040 gasket I've calculated it at 12.5-1 compression. Iirc stock heads and gaskets is right around 11.5-1

I'd have my custom cam for this compression for sale too

Pistons are wiseco's and cam is a Tick spec'd Comp Cams

If anyone is interested I can post a pic of the Pistons and cam card. Motor is still assembled and won't be driven anymore this year

Should be organizing the garage but couldn't help myself to get this started just a little bit

Here is the spindle modded and the strut sleeve machines to fit and he whole thing dry fit. I need to machine the upper strut shaft for the coil over top and install the the coil spring threaded body on the strut. Debating what spring to buy, I get just over 4 inches droop with this now and can just fit a 14 inch, 125lb spring. It should compress about 4.8 inches, where a 150lb spring will only compress 4 inches but not giving me the ride height in wanting

IMG_3460_zpsxj45ehv6.jpg

IMG_3461_zpsxjwbm1wf.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while. Been expanding the garage and building intakes to make money for this project. I broke away and started finishing up on the coil over setup. It's turning out well and both struts should be mocked up tonight in the car

Tranny is out and converter is on its way to Jakes. I'll be moving from an 11 inch to a 9.5 inch unit

Martin Smallwood ground me a cam motions cam

And on Black Friday I picked up a billet s480 from Midwest turbo. It's not here yet but materials have been orders for the new log manifolds

New turbo Pistons are here too. Block is about tore down for the swap

FullSizeRender_zpsvjfftk74.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...