HybridZ

Project Rex Killer, 240z LS3

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited for this year and this portion of the build to get tidied up Got some small items to get done this week and I know I keep saying it, but looks like headers are this weekend

I need to actually weld the motor mounts in to bolt the plates in place, then mock up some hot pipes to locate the collectors. Then it's header time

Got a good start on the headers. Passenger is just about welded and the drivers side is half done and is a mirror image. Have good plug access and spark plug wire clearance. Only number 3/4 are tricky to get on but a little twist and push and they pop on. Nice thing about not having any side motor mounts is from underneath the whole area is wide open and plug access is even better

FullSizeRender_zpsgpbmebis.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsyuyyxrww.jpg

IMG_3863_zpsxyyzgaj3.jpg

Edited by nathaninwa

So my buddies and I are tweekin YouTube and run across the Crusty Nova and his kids maibu. Both some serious drag cars. When my friends noticed they are running water/air intercoolers in the intake. They teased me a bit about it but that got me thinking. I was already installing a water/air setup and did some searching on eBay and found a core that will fit my intake perfect. What's your guys thoughts on cutting my intake top off and making an Intercooler sammich? Core is 18x10x3.5. Lingenfelter sells a similiar setup with a 15x7x3.5 that there cooling a 1000hp with. It's intriguing to me and moves some weight back on the car

I don't think you can ever go wrong with an air to water intercooler for boost. If it's in the intake manifold itself it might help to extend the time it takes for the manifold to heat soak as well. Ford has been running them in the FI mustangs with good success for quite a while now, I'd do it.

Edited by 1969honda

Thanks for the props. I really enjoy building stuff!!

I do have an alum heat sheild that is cermic coated with some Dei reflective material in it from the last setup. Still fits good. The new exhaust is getting ceramic coated too and in the areas that needed I'll header wrap as well. The battery side needed the same thing too. I tried without but started melting it!

Edited by nathaninwa

Well, I'm happy with the race weight. I think I can shed 40lbs before the season starts. This is full 10 point cage, 4l80e, billet converter, s480, twin fuel systems and a 9 inch OMG with a water Intercooler with icebox This is with me in it. Car is right at 2550

IMG_3959_zpszwbx3vry.jpg

Edited by nathaninwa