HybridZ

Project Rex Killer, 240z LS3

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some 17 inch race star fronts with a radial front runner and outback is another race star and I just picked up the new M/T 325/50/15 et street R drag radials. There getting plastic dipped black this coming weekend then put on the car

Got the water pump installed, wow what a mod if i can recommend one. Very cool to be able to run a pump and fan with the engine off

Got the new gears installed yesterday too. I'll beat cycle them today

Here is the car assembled minus the drag wing. Ill get to that In a few weeks.

Going to shake the car down on Friday

IMG_4316_zpswu007gky.jpg

IMG_4319_zpslxikzcrp.jpg

IMG_4314_zpsflpespfr.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Went to an 1/8th mile track today and got 4 test passes in, after a bar change to make the car no go stage right, and a minor two step adjsuwkrnt, I was able to sneak a 6.17@122

Then went on in to Portland 1/4 mile and with the 6.17 tune up still in it the launched way different and and did this criss cross lean into a wheelie pulling left front then picking right front about 12 inches I'm told. I stayed in it and ran my only full pass tonight at 9.50@152 running it out at 11psi

I'm working on my license passes now and got my two launch only passes out of the way and I'll follow up with the remaining 4 next Friday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Been doing some work on this car. Updated some stuff up front, redid radiator and shroud along with moving it forward, dropping some weight too. Also updated to the borg warner race cover on the turbo

Got a kirkey seat installed, saved a bunch of weight there and moved me down about 5 inches

Working on a new alum dash setup and wiring up the efi a little tidier with all the add ons I did over last season

Powerglide parts are on the way

And what I'm excited about. Doing some googling I read on Hybridz that gm hubs will bolt onto the s30 spindle. After looking at a PDF of all the hubs, I chose the mid 80's G body hub. Replacing the 300z hub i setup everything around this hub is almost a drop in with rotor placement 1/8 closer and the wheel moving in 1/16. The 3rd gen Camaro would put the rotor in the same location for me but move the wheel out 1/16. Some minor matching of my own rotor hat and wheel spacer can solve this but over happy with the bolt on rotor and wilwood stocks a seal that fits the spindle too

The rotor no longer bolts to the back as it does on the 300z setup, rather its sandwiched between the wheel and hub. Getting the correct the rotor fitment means a 3/4 wheel spacer for me to keep the 300z wheel mounting surface location. I'll use 3 inch studs to make all this happen as one unit

IMG_0936_zpsfwfvv5j3.jpg

I forgot to cross post. Here is a post from a thread that got moved with my 8.50 pass

Hi guys. After a summers worth of test and tunes, new parts and modifying old ones, ran a new personal best yesterday The run was clean and straight, very happy with the results

https://youtu.be/m6_jfZbFEm8. Video from outside

In car video

FullSizeRender_zpsyphneoeu.jpg[/url]