HybridZ

l28et megasquirt 2

s30kid

Hey guys I just got my new motor all together and i'm trying to start the car so I can set base timing and brake the motor in but i'm having a hard time getting it to run.

Setup

f54 block .020 over

.020 over stock pistons

n47 head with na A cam

stock turbo 

stock boost

ported intake

ported rb25 throttle body

palnett rail 

440 cc injetors

fuel lab 1:1 pressure regulator 

CAS dizzy

GM coolant temp and intake air temp

I have never tuned ignition tables before so I think thats where my problem is

Im trying to setup the car so that it runs like a stock l28et but with 440 injectors

I found a ing table online and used all the values and just setup my fuel table to be close enough so I can auto tune but the car wont idle. If I get the car to start and floor the pedal the car will run but itll die as soon as I let off. 

Another question would be what should my base timing be?

I have attached my current tune

CurrentTune.rar

You need to lock base timing first.  You can lock timing at ten degrees, and make sure it's displaying what the engine is at.

Secondly, as far as idle goes, every motor is a bit different, but most of the time you can use a value of 10-15 degrees and it should idle just fine.

What I like to do in my timing tables is I dial in my idle timing by looking at the vacuum gauge, and I add as much timing where I get the most vacuum.

So once I figure that out (lets just say the number is 20 degrees of timing), I'll drop that number down a few degrees at idle, (so from 20, I'll go down to like 17), then the cells the immediate left, I'll put them back at what gave me the most vacuum.

So what happens is, if you idle dips, it'll dip below idle, and try to throw it back into the normal idle cells.

Look in the Faq section for the Megasquirt map sharing thread on this site. FInd Cygnus1  His Maps are just about what your setup is. Input those values into your bins.  U also may have to increase the required fuel amount. When you get it to idle, just adjust it for best idle. Turn in your idle screw some also. You will adjust all of these once you get the engine running and idling. You may also need a helper, someone to crank it over while you keep it running.

Edited by dexter72

I had a hard time starting my car at first.  First off, I had low Z injectors so I had to put in resistors in.  Then I loaded up the Cygnus file mentioned above.  I opened the trigger wizard to see what number he had in there and adjusted my engine to fit that.  For example, if he had 66 in there, I moved the crank to near 66 degrees.  Engine fired right up so while it was idling, I took my timing light and used the trigger wizard again to get the timing advance reading from my crank to match what was in Tuner Studio.  After that, the car ran very smooth.

^ Thats exactly what I am doing right now. However, in his file his angle offset was set to -66 and when I ran that number TS I was getting an error for a negative value so I set it to 66 and the car fired up and died. So The problem was definitely my angle offset value  being way off but my battery died so I will try again tomorrow.

I got the car running great! I coppied Cygnus's afr table, spark table and fuel table and then set my trigger offset to 66 and the car ran great. I then used the timing light to dial in the timing with megasquirt and my final number is 53.30. I got the car running with timing locked at 10* then used the timing light on the motor till the motor was at 10* and the car runs perfect. The tune Is perfect for anyone that wants to run a stock style l28et with 440cc injectors.