HybridZ

Projection 4DI

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Has anybody on the forum used the Holley ProJection 4DI units? I am tallying up what I need to get (just to solidify in my mind that I will never have enough money) and want to make sure spending $1400 on the 900 CFM unit is going to be worth my while. I am definately looking at the DI as opposed to the D due to the computer FI programming capabilities. I would really like to just sit down with the laptop and tune away instead of messing around with jetting and pump pressures and ....(i.e...I don't want to be Mike Kelly). Is the TBI OK or should I be looking at the $2000 multiport???

SpencZ

MonsterZ Cont.

.....After the fuel problems I have suffered the last three months... I don't want to be Mike Kelly either... I think, T-H-I-N-K... I have another possible solution I'll be trying tomorrow to see if it works...

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Hey Spence, thought about running an SDS or similar on your setup? Just because its not turbo so supercharged (yet!) doesn't mean it won't do anything... They claim a decent power increase over any stock system...

------------------

Drax240z

1973 240z - L28TURBO transplant on the way!

http://members.xoom.com/r_lewis/datsun.html

SpencZ, I would think twice before spending the money on the Holly ProJection Di system, why you ask? well when I need my everyday rides worked on ( computer stuff and such ) I take them to the best shop I've found anywhere! It's called the Car Care Center in Sacramento, CA ( my home town ) This shop is the most highly trained, cleanest and honest shop I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with! Anyway, the owner and his son, who both host a Saturday morning radio program dedicated to automotive questions, both told me to steer clear of the ProJection Di system, claiming that they installed it on their shop truck and have had nothing but problems ever since. They claim that they've replaced the fuel pump three times and multiple injectors. They said that maybe they got a lemon and that Holly generally makes excellent products, but in the case of the Di systems, "Buyer beware". Keep up the good work!

------------------

....Someone else mentioned using the Electromotive Tech2 distributor-less system for ignition... I'd not go that route either.. Lots of headaches. However, My buddy Rick at Hi Tech auto in Woodbridge Va. advises that the 1st generation Holly 4DI was a problem child of rushed engineering and the newest system out is well worth the money as it is pretty much "Bug Free"! He has installed several on hi HP cars with no problems.

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk