HybridZ

Triple Mikunis and thermostat housing ?

timsz

I am not able to screw the thermostat housing connector (pipe) into the thermostat housing, because the carbs are in the way, as seen in pic. 70-72 housing I believe. N42 head, F54 block. Any body else have this problem? Thank you very much.

post-10089-0-72213700-1444440400_thumb.jpg

What does that pipe go to? As I recall, the Mikuini Kid came with a bevy of flush plugs to block such things. What is your intent with the water flow from that fitting, since you don't have a warming circuit in the manifold anymore?

Good question. I don't know. Should I block it off? I'm trying to figure it out. Where does the rear bypass water tube connect to ? The one that goes around back of engine. Where is the PCV valve also ? Any help please? Thank you.

More importantly is whether the Mikuni intake(if you used one) cleared the bolt holding the thermostat housing. The Mikuni shorty intake #1 runner hits the rear bolt of the thermostat housing. You might miss this if your not careful. The intake will not seal because it is being held of the head by this bolt.

Not sure what you are using that hole for, but doesn't have anything to do with the Mikinis. 

Oh no, son.... that 'aroudn the back of the block line' is PLUGGED! The Mikuni Kit comes with a flush-seal pipe plug to  seal that hole.

The head fitting at the top of #6 blug goes to the heater, and coming out of the heater it will go to the lower radiator  hose inlet fitting. If you want a proper bypass, an 8mm line around the front of the engine to a fitting on the same inlet fitting will do fine. Or plug it and don't get rev happy until the thermostat is cracked open.

My PCV is the stock orifice/check valve that is screwed into one end of a manifolded 1/2" fuel rail extrusion that taps all the cylinder runners, and goes to the lower block fitting just like stock--a 90 degree brass street elbow points it nicely the way you need it to go to simply take the stock heat-resistant silver PCV hose and turn it straight up and cut the 90 off it's end. On the opposite end is a fitting from an 82 280ZX that attaches to the Brake Booster line. HEADERS MAY COMPLICATE  THIS CONSIDERABLY (I am running a cast  iron turbo manifold.)

The upper hose from  the pcv is from an old 81 ZXT and incorporates the flame arrestor, under the manifold it connects to a nylon 15-12mm adapter and then a 1/2"  cross with three pieces of 1/2" PCV hose running off each of the three available barbs to each air cleaner. When I had my ITG single  filter, the  hose with the flame arrester in it went straight to the aluminium back plate of that filter housing directly.