HybridZ

FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM HELP!!!

Guys, i was driving my 240 V8 today and the engine started cutting out bad. I checked the fuel pressure and it was only 3...I turned off the car and kept the pump running and checked the rear near the tank. I heard a SSSSSSSSS sound like a tire going flat. I turned off the pump and that was it. Sounds like I have a vapor lock somewhere. I took off the gas cap but no change. Does anyone know how the stock 240 Z's vent system works? Did anyone have this problem before? I am having 1/2 inch pickups put in and replummed next week....any help is appreciated.

CorZette

Hi

COULD IT BE THAT THE TEMPS TODAY WAS 108

CAN YOU SAY VAPOR LOCK..... DUDE ???

as it most likely was...

add underhood/header temps to this and

gas WILL BOIL....

Stan

[This message has been edited by scarp (edited May 24, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by scarp (edited May 24, 2000).]

I'll weigh in here since I am having issues with fuel and have been for going on two months. Gas will boil, and vapor lock is not a myth. However, what I have learned is getting vaporlock to occur takes very ideal situations. If you are using braided line or wrapped your line in something that will reflect the heat, your gas boiling in the lines is nill. I tested this by running a line within two inches of the header... it boiled until I put the DEI tape on the line... No more boiling. To ensure your properly vented, I'd buy a vent roll over valve and have it installed next week along with the 1/2 inch fittings you are installing. Also, with the car running, ouch the line in every area you suspect is getting to much heat. If you can hold the line in your hand after the car is at operationg temp, then gas isn't boiling. If it is getting to hot, go get your self some DEI tape or sleeves and run the line in it. The stuff works great.

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

DEI is the name of the company and they make aluminized reflective shielding, tape, matts, and sleeves for automotive use to shield against heat. Summit and Jegs both carry the stuff and I got mine from the local hotrod shop. The stuff works great.

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

[This message has been edited by Mikelly (edited May 25, 2000).]

Mike,I told you that stuff was awesome!..

Guys, I have my headers wrapped in that stuff and you can actually touch the wrap after the car has run for a while and you wount get burned. plus after a friday night

of cruizing AND racing the only under hood temp increase is from the fan drawing heat

from the radiator... I swear by it! even if there is a possibility of premature header

failure after a year or so....