HybridZ

S30 hood bug deflector

88dangerdan

I didn't think about it possibly obstructing the headlights. I temporarily put it on this hood for contrast for the pictures. I'll check it out on my car this evening.

The bent under part that attaches to the hood is spot on the width and shape of the hood. Then widens once it comes over the top.

I appreciate the feedback. I'll report back on the possibility of it obstructing the headlights.

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Bug deflector???? Looks more like an aero part to me, it would give some downforce, create some drag in doing so but maybe reduce drag further on by elevating airflow over the bonnet and windscreen. Maybe all that is unintentional but that's what it looks like it would do. As far as the bugs go, where the air goes so do the bugs.

Bug deflector???? Looks more like an aero part to me, it would give some downforce, create some drag in doing so but maybe reduce drag further on by elevating airflow over the bonnet and windscreen. Maybe all that is unintentional but that's what it looks like it would do. As far as the bugs go, where the air goes so do the bugs.

Also know to protect the paint from rock chips and other foreign unidentified flying objects. I agree with you though it does look aero inspired. Maybe whoever made the part decided to make it look "racier" since it was going on a sports car.

I'm with you Daniel, wouldn't go on my car!