HybridZ

JAWZ240Z LSTT S30

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The owner of the mount i posted shared his front mount with me. I cant post pics, but he essentially lined the trans tunnel with plate, then made a C to mount the front ear with. I am thinking about making more of a clamshell with a solid piece above the front mount ear to hold it down.

Well I got the metal today to make the fuel tank bracing, motor mounts, a 1.5" square tubing crossmember and a couple other odds and ends.
Also ordered the remainder of my engine assembly parts aside from head gaskets, intake gaskets and oil pan gasket. Figured id save the money until we figure out the turbo drain situation.

OSCS, Ricki Bobi, De Meanz, or Michael AKA (guy with white 280z) whatever you know him by.. I was able to pick up 2 of the 3 cold side piece of piping from his setup as he went A2W. So thats on the way.

Got the Blazer Spindle/Hubs en route!

Lastly, ordered screw-in ball joint sleeves, and screw in upper and lower ball joints for the custom control arms. Lowers will be fully custom, and uppers will be cross shaft with swedged tubes for circle track cars.
If you're not on the facebook page, get there! www.facebook.com/jawz240z

Lots going on with the car in the next couple days and weeks as I'm desperately trying to meet the new goal deadline of June 25 as a debut date! I'm leaning towards doubtful, but if I can make the money work, I will get it done. Going to focus on getting as much done in the front end as possible, finish sheet metal, take it for primer and wrap, then assemble drivetrain. As long as it starts and looks pretty at the debut, I'm down with that!

Here are a few photos.
First is another member here, cant place their name; I'm going with his basic setup for the camaro fuel tank.

post-47984-0-26803900-1457749943_thumb.jpg

My poor hatch rust I still need to order a panel for.

post-47984-0-17687000-1457749961_thumb.jpg

The clean cut Spare Tire Well
post-47984-0-71202900-1457749967_thumb.jpg

and the Locust Roadster LCA i'm mocking for the build. Definitely going to add gusseting all over.

post-47984-0-45774900-1457749973_thumb.jpg

Welding the horizontal bar in, or side to side bar, that the front to back bars then mount to seems like a good idea to me. Reason being, if your adding bars just front to back, from the rear cross member to the back of the car, any rear end accident you might encounter, the force gets transferred directly to the rear cross member that your rear suspension is mounted to. Could pretty quickly total a car that may have otherwise survived. That was the thinking anyway in building the Camaro tank support in my S30.

Well, in the last few days, I've been in and out and the pollen has taken over! I've had to chase the leak on the 6.4 tow pig in the meantime.

Anywho.
Tacked the crossmember. I gotta grab another spool of wire to finish out, and with no backflow Argon flow, hard to TIG that up. I just TIG tacked it in.
Got some new parts in, Ball Joints, Sleeves, Coilover Mounts for the LCA and inner bushings for the LCA's. Today the Engine mount plates came along with the slider boxes for UCA mount, pics to come tomorrow. Ordered Mustang II Power Rack, and cross-shafts to keep the sliders square. I hate to order the shafts without the arms.. but i'm unsure of the length I need at this moment. 4130 tubing inbound next week along with another 2 sticks of 1" tubing to build the crossmember. going very basic with bolt in plates i'll weld to the frame similar to the Hawk's motor mounts so the X-member will come out.

Also mocked up the hot side! Taking the lady to the airport in the AM, may not get a chance for much before working at 3. Going to still give making the mounts a go. Monday should be productive!

post-47984-0-46416300-1458351593_thumb.jpg

post-47984-0-68096500-1458351594_thumb.jpg

post-47984-0-28776800-1458351596_thumb.jpg

post-47984-0-30177000-1458351597_thumb.jpg

post-47984-0-19097200-1458351598_thumb.jpg

post-47984-0-87737300-1458351598_thumb.jpg

post-47984-0-17901900-1458351625_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

4 weeks. .jeez! Not much done.. This Army thing takes a lot of time. I mainly worked 3-11 which makes it hard with anything else in life.

Front framerails are capped, lower core support finished. Bought wheels, mounted front tires and man.. i should've gone with about 1.5" more BS lol
They will work for the time being, but shortly will be buying a second set of wheels with stickies. 

Front crossmember is halfway done for mounting my double wishbone. I'm sorta stumped on making my LCA's with such a wide triangle that I may be re-engineering some things. with my PS rack clearing the oil pan, and still getting a u-joint angle I can manage with turbo downpipes backtracking the manifold. Lots of thinking to do as I build the back half of my lower crossmember this weekend.

My spindle upper ball joint holes will be reamed tomorrow and I can officially order the UCA's. I'm using the slotted mounts for total adjustability with circle track arms. Once the LCA's are on, I'll measure for coilovers! IF I get the wheels on the ground next week and trim removed, I will be taking it to the body shop on Saturday. As of 8 days out, I'm uncertain i will make it lol

Photos to come!