HybridZ

Rb20det swap into my 280z!

Just starting the swap myself. So far I have engine out, my engine bay cleaned up, old harness out and I'm putting my new harness in. Hope to drop the engine in this week sometime so I can get started on the intercooler and exhaust. I'm already running the cheap forward facing intake. I ended up having to drill and tap the booster hole (couldn't find metric barb fitting in my area). I have a enjuku oil pan and wiring specialties harness. Did you convert the stock harness or buy one? I'm currently installing my harness and mounting my ecu.

I used the stock harness as it was in good shape, I partly used pat's guide and partly did my own thing, it was a very easy job to wire. Do you know what size bolts you ended up using for the forward facing intake manifold? I need to pick some up and don't have a hardware store near so I may just order them from mcmaster if you know exactly what'll fit. I bought a new oem nissan plenum gasket though so I'm set there. I noticed that booster line is some obscure m16-2 or something wonky

I used the stock harness as it was in good shape, I partly used pat's guide and partly did my own thing, it was a very easy job to wire. Do you know what size bolts you ended up using for the forward facing intake manifold? I need to pick some up and don't have a hardware store near so I may just order them from mcmaster if you know exactly what'll fit. I bought a new oem nissan plenum gasket though so I'm set there. I noticed that booster line is some obscure m16-2 or something wonky

I have bolts but haven't installed my intake yet. Will let you know when I get it bolted up. I should be doing that this week hopefully while it's still out,of the car. You should check out Rb swap discussion group of Facebook it you haven't already. Also a good source of knowledge. I couldn't find a barb fitting that size.

Yep I'm on there too, if you could get the length/thread pitch for those bolts I would love you long time! The damn plenum is captured which is a pain because you cant just run whatever length bolts in them :(

Hit me up on there or pm me on Facebook. I have a few post at the top of the group so sholdnt be to hard to find. Same pic as this profile.

Ive had bad electrical issues with my sr20det in my s13 with the stock harness so I was wondering if dropping the $500 on the wiring specialties harness rb20det will be worth it? I don't want to stranded due to some electric gremlins from the 20 yr old harness.

Ive had bad electrical issues with my sr20det in my s13 with the stock harness so I was wondering if dropping the $500 on the wiring specialties harness rb20det will be worth it? I don't want to stranded due to some electric gremlins from the 20 yr old harness.

The rb20det harness I have from them is plug and play. The only wiring that has to be done on mine is tapping the harness into power and a few guages.

If your factory harness is chewed up and you don't want to rebuild it then sure, it's worth it. If yours is in good shape like mine, there is nothing wrong with using it. Mine has been great for 7 months now, not a single wiring issue so far. 

• 2 months later...

Lol, no, I haven't it's still sitting on my workbench. I moved and the car sat in it's new home for about a month, I actually just drove it for the first time in awhile. I have everything to get it together, just havent had the time. work 8-5 then have class from 6-11pm every day with a newborn at home too haha.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...