HybridZ

General MegaSquirt ??

malibud

I just acquired a 82 l28et Looks to be very clean and rebuilt but it has a blown head gasket. The engine was tuned and running good until the PO tuner up the boost on the manual controller and blew the HG. It is running a trigger wheel set up with a ford coil pack. 440? injectors, Megasquirt 2 3.3.0 extra. 3"exhaust everything need except wide band.. 

Presently I have a 240z with a L28 zx with flat tops and SU carbs, STI diff closed ratio 5 speed

Question: It would be easier for me to bolt on manifold tap oil pan and wire the the flat top piston motor that is in the car. I am a newbee to MegaSquirt and figure I really don't want to mess up a good tune. So ...

Is the tune so specific to the engine that I should just replace the head gasket a go with the turbo motor and dished pistons or ...

Go with turbo the flat top engine for good response down low, will the tune be really off ?  

Side note I have another z that has a JWT Ecu dish pistons etc. But non tune-able, so I familiar turbos but like to tinker and learn MS. I thought my carbed car my be more fun with flat top pistons and a smaller turbo it might be a fun autocross car

Thanks for any advice ...   

Sorry the MS is tuned for a f54/p90 block/ head sitting in my garage with a blown head gasket. I have a f54/p79 combo with flat tops in my car now with carbs. I thought I may just take the parts off the turbo motor and put them on the na motor but didn't want to mess up a good tune because of the piston difference. I figured a flat top motor with 7psi would be fun on the low end.  I believe the heads are the same other than the exhaust liners ?