HybridZ

Fuel infection....What options are best??

Mikelly

heh, actually right now it's got an EEC-IV back in it. Custom chip has been burned for it to my engine - we'll see how it runs in a bit. I'm concentrating onthe Z right now - the Mustang needs a bit of chassis work done before I'll be happy driving it anywhere. Appreciate the offer though - I may yet go back. I did TRY to run it with this new engine combo - it wouldn't hardly start. Going from 30lb injectors to 42 and going from a turbo 302 to a 351W was just oo big a swing. I was afraid I'd wash down the cylinders trying to get it tuned... We'll see once the bugs are out - I may yet wind up DFI or more likely SpeedBrain. I do still have the DFI on the shelf :-)

In my 260 I am running 2 5.7 GM throttle bodies on a tunnel rammed 350. The motor has

Dart heads with 2.0477 intake and 1.68 exhaust valves 1.6roller magnums 10.25to1 flat tops. The fuel pressure regulator has been gutted from the second tbi and the other one is factory adjustable. The point of this is that this setup is highly tuneable and with the switch of a chip I can go on a trip and get decent mileage or wax my pals Vette. With any fuel injection system you have to look at whether you want to be able to adjust every little thing or not. If you do not intend on gaining the extra parts and knowledge you need to adjust everything you system offers than a bolt on, tweak, and go system is better for your application. I burnt a couple dozen chips before I completely understood what I was doing. The best selection for you is, in the end, your decision. All systems have their upsides and downsides. I prefer the OEM GM tbi's because of their cheap and available parts. Also a friend is a GM tech with a laptop and adapter cable. I used the tunnel ram for its dramatic effect and it knocks off my some of my off the line slideyways problems. Hope this helps!!!

------------------

Drewz