HybridZ

fuel pump

Guest Anonymous

I would not rely on the 280ZXT pump. Remember that if you run a rising rate FPR, the actual fuel pressure will be static + 1# for each # of boost. E.g., tonight I ran 44# static (vacuum off) and 20# boost so I was was running 64# pressure at the big end.

You want a REALLY good pump. I am running a Pierburg, which is a copy of the big Bosch pump. My recent timeslips indicate 458hp at the flywheel, so the pump delivers. I run -8 from the tank to the fuel rail and -6 from the rail into the original 3/8" line which I use for my return. One other thing I did which I highly recommend. The original power wire to my pump was 14-guage. I put a relay in the toolbox behind the seat (along with my proportioning valve) for the pump and used the original wire to trigger the relay and ran 10-guage to the pump through the relay. The battery might be putting 13+ but I guarantee the pump had less on the big end with that little wire.

------------------

Scottie

71 240GN-Z

http://www.mindspring.com/~vscott911/gnz.html