462 replies to this topic

#461 MRGierut

MRGierut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 2 weeks ago

If you re-cut your rear flares, put jackstands under the front to level the car.  I had mine jacked up just in back like your photo, and my flares are rotated toward the rear a little and it looks "off" now that it is on level ground.  All because the car was sitting at a nose-down attitude when I drilled for the mounting bolts.  Longer coilover springs are available on Speedway.com for $55 each.  Just figure out how much you need to raise the car and order longer springs.

What's the best way to check if the car is level, putting a level on the door sill or frame rail?

#462 Stock Car Mafia

Stock Car Mafia

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 2 weeks ago

When my car was on the ground I would measure the frame rails underneath at 4 locations.  If on jack stands, I would say use a level on the frame underneath.  

Loose is fast and on the edge of out of control.

#463 Stock Car Mafia

Stock Car Mafia

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 4 days ago

I'll have a hard time containing myself over the next few weeks but I will have a big update coming in roughly 4 weeks!  I am in the midst of preparing for it but will post up when I have more to speak of  :2thumbs:  :D

During the Phoenix race today I would sneak out in the garage periodically.  I had a little 3 yr. old helper assisting me in replacing my blinker bulbs.  I was looking to chase down an issue with my blinkers.  Last year I had a small poof of smoke from under the steering column that gave me QUITE a scare.  It turns out the blinker switch shorted out and slightly melted the plastic piece and the power wire.

My hazards work but my blinkers don't.  I cleaned up the switch and wire contacts and am able to get right blinkers when you hold it in just the right spot.  I am able to jump the wires and the blinkers work fine, so I know it is due to the blinker mechanism.  I guess I'll leave my under dash and center console tore out until I get it fixed.  Let's hope it doesn't stay that way all year lol

I am looking for some guidance on a rear sway bar and rear mount setup like the AZC dog legs.  I didn't find what sway bar fits and where to get it from.  Any advice you guys have would be great!

Loose is fast and on the edge of out of control.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users