HybridZ

Oil pump leak at regulator spring bolt?

Hey All,

Still working out numerous kinks as a noob on my 76 280z (w/ 77 motor).  Latest project has been to wipe the bottom clean and watch for drips and fix so my garage doesn't always smell like fuel/oil.  

Among a couple various leaks, one that really has me scratching my head is a leak at the oil pump - where the gold color bolt is in line with the regulator spring (from what I understand from diagrams).  Most forums related talk about leaks at the gasket/seal; I looked and looked and its dry above this bolt. There's always a drop of oil hanging off of that bolt, and apparently it has leaked for so long that it has coated most of the front end and drips down near my passenger wheel.  I've cleaned this area up twice now and checked it the next morning and sure enough the front end it wet with oil and there's a drip hanging off that bolt.  See the pic for the drop and you can see it drips down onto the front end below.post-48182-0-75726800-1446955182_thumb.jpg

Has anyone experienced this?  It is a new oil pump installed 80 miles ago, and from my knowledge that bolt never gets messed with (I haven't at least).  I think too much time has passed to get any help from the manufacturer on this.  Being new to working on cars, if anyone can think of a no-brainer that I could be missing to resolve this I would appreciate it.  I don't want to replace the oil pump again, especially with it in the car (wouldn't know where to start).  

Just for supporting info, the car runs and drives (has little quirks that still need fixing like climbing idle as it warms, etc), but oil pressure seems fine.  Thanks in advance!