HybridZ

Anyone know of a running 3.35L LD28 (gas powered)?

inline6

90mm bore, 90mm stroke, 11:1 compression with a flat top piston and a P90 head...3.4L.

These are the exact specs I have been investigating as of late - with 6" rods.  Ends up being a 3.5L.  Though, we are thinking of having custom liners (press fit) with o-rings made - the LD28 block will be machined to fit.  

As a next step, either an LD28 block, if I can find one near my engine builder, or my "holed" N42 will get some test machining...  I may still have to go with a standard deck height engine, but at least I have a good N42 that will take 89 mm bore (possibly a 90 mm also) without issues on hand.  Rod gets much shorter if I have to go that route.  Billet crank will be procured regardless of final direction.

Edited by inline6

According to the math 90x90 is 3.435, whether it has a 6.00 rod or a 60.00 rod it is 3.435 liters.

My bad - I recalled the wrong info from my spreadsheet.  You'd have to bump the bore to 91 to get to 3.512 liters, which may be possible (with ductile iron liners).   I think 90 is more doable, when looking at bore spacing info:

post-4218-0-46921300-1447613254_thumb.jpg

Edited by inline6