HybridZ

1970 240z Ignition wiring

01vincer6

I have found alot of mixed information probably due to the different wiring colors per year.I need to know what wire goes where from the ignition 6 pin connector. I have from the switch 5 wires on the connector. Black/Yellow, Black/White, Green/White, White/Red, Blue/Red. My new Fuse panel requires a (Coil) IGN wire,(Ignition switch Accessory) ACC, (Ignition Power) Bat.

I believe the Black/Yellow goes to the Ignition (Coil) wire and the Black/White goes to the (ignition power) Battery wire. Does the Blue/Red and White/Red go to the (ignition switch Accessory) ACC? Also does there need to be a relay between the ignition power and the fuse panel?

The resistor is for the 6 volt ignition system.  It's the ballast resistor before the coil.  If you're not using the stock 240Z coil then you probably don't need the resistor.

The answer will only be simple if your stuff matches someone else's exactly.  Otherwise, you'll have to post a picture or description of all of your parts and let someone tell you how to connect everything.