HybridZ

WTB: LD28 oil pan with 'kick outs'

LanceVance

Hi all,

I'm searching for a rear/mid-sump LD28 oil pan with the factory 'kick outs' (little wings on the side, that increase the pans capacity). Associated oil pickup tube would be a plus.

From what I can gather these are primarily found on industrial use LD28s (i.e. forklift, marine pumps, etc.)

Not currently interested in modifying a front sump pan, or any home grown creations.

Thanks for looking

Photos for reference:

359_2.jpg

DSC00023_zpswp22tgaz.jpg

(Thanks rayaapp2 for the photo of the pan going into the S30 chassis)

If you want more capacity Arizona Z Car sells a nice pan it increases it by about a quart. It also has baffles and cooling fins pricey, but very nice :)

Overkill for my needs, not to mention the $499 would be better spent elsewhere in my case. The LD pan seems like a nice affordable midway point, however finding one in this format isn't exactly easy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know you're looking for one, but you might be able to get a machine shop or a welding shop to add capacity to a stock pan for a very reasonable price... 

hell, if you're handy, you could do it yourself.  or part of the job anyways.  could fabricate the kick outs and just have someone weld them, or whatever else... 

good luck

hell, if you're handy, you could do it yourself. or part of the job anyways. could fabricate the kick outs and just have someone weld them, or whatever else...

good luck

Thanks!

I've got a stock pan that I'll be installing baffling on (assuming I cant find the LD pan) before engine assembly, but extra capacity was just something I viewed as icing on the cake, and a neat conversation piece.

I figured that if I was going to be modifying a stock oil pan, I may as well start with the most ideal candidate... The aftermarket cast pans, while nice, are overkill. My money would go much further elsewhere on this build.

I'm mostly wanting to make the ultimate combination of factory parts, although there is plenty of other brands and a few custom and aftermarket bits used where no OEM (of any brand) fit the bill.

...Did I mention that this is a slow build, and that I'm looking for those hard to find bits long before I need them? Long list of check boxes to fill before I need the pan sorted, so I can wait!