HybridZ

I am looking for an L28ET for 600

HybridHydra

I can not find an L28ET through Ebay or locally through craigslist in Colorado and I thought I would ask you guys.

I am in the midst of creating a plan for my senior project which is engine swapping my 77 280z and am waiting on the paper to be approved (if not I'll still do something related to an engine swap like ECU Reprogramming and go megasquirt), I have planned on either swapping in an RB20DET or an L28ET but cannot find a price that will help my budget. RB20's on Ebay fetch for around $1000 and shipping would be an added $500. I've tried finding an L28ET on Ebay and have only found one for $550, sadly I didn't have any money for that and couldn't buy it. I have looked through car-parts.com and have only been able to find L28ET's for around the same price, but I have no pictures to base my decision off of. 

There are many experienced Datsun users on this forum and if many of you are like my automotive instructor, you will have many spare parts laying around. I'm asking if you guys could help me out, I haven't found any L28ET's for sale and would like to be prepared for when the time comes for my senior project. I am only in high school and have a budget of 1000 for an engine. I have managed to scrap up $600 and my father will help pay for the shipping. 

If anyone of you have an L28ET that I can buy for a total of $1000+Shipping, please PM me.

My zip is 80129

I have a complete L28et but I live in Phoenix AZ and I hate to ship and deal with crate and fright,been bit before....You can drive and we can pull the engine together from my 83 280ZXT parts car.

Take a look and see what you think.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/pts/5243885820.html

Edited by borini63

I have a complete L28et but I live in Phoenix AZ and I hate to ship and deal with crate and fright,been bit before....You can drive and we can pull the engine together from my 83 280ZXT parts car.

Take a look and see what you think.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/pts/5243885820.htm

How much will the engine cost? I am willing to travel down there.

Why not turbocharge your L28E?  All the same parts bolt to it, and for modest boost levels the slightly higher compression does not make a difference.

Because I didn't know I could do that.

But that option is no longer available to me, I specified in my senior paper that I would like to engine swap a car. I originally wanted an L28ET because of this http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/9708-differences-between-l28-and-l28et/ page explaining that unless I want more 250hp the L28ET swap would be a better choice. I wanted to prepare myself for the future when I know I will want more power.