HybridZ

280Z gland nuts for Tokico/KYB shocks (pair)

Savage42

Hey guys!  I just sectioned my front struts on my 280Z and went to put in the Tokico Illumina BZ3099 inserts.  Well, it seems the gland nuts are the smaller ones used on the 240Z, so I need a set for a 280Z.  Does anyone happen to have a set laying around?  Does anyone have a line to be able to buy a pair from Tokico? 

I was hoping to get my car on the ground with the coilovers and new wheels & tires this weekend, but now I'm at a stand still. 

The threaded section on the 240Z nut is 1.87" in diameter. 

The threaded section on the 280Z nut is 2.04" in diameter.

It's always something!!  Thanks guys. 

Hey savage,

Tokico does not sell to the public directly. I had the same issue back in September when I upgraded my 75 280z to illuminas. My set was missing 1 glandnut, and I went in circles with tokico before I ended up with someone telling me I had to go through a dealer. You can contact SOHI performance which is located in Carlsbad, CA. They sell them for about $13-$15 each Plus shipping from what I recall. 4A16085-A is the gland nut part# for 280z rear struts. Hope that helps.

Thanks for passing along the part #, as they may save my friends who deal with Tokico some time/hassle. Of course, it had to happen at the start of a 4-day holiday weekend and now I'm stuck with the car in the air unless someone has a pair they can send out tomorrow for Saturday delivery. Having to travel for work in Monday for 2 weeks means it will be a wait. Bummer! Thx again!

• 3 weeks later...

I am in the same position..I am running KYB's at all corners and need 280z gland nuts as the ones in the box are too small in diameter.

The OEM ones are very different and will not work without machining, 

Will the part numbers above work for KYB strut cartridges?

Pretty sure that KYB and Tokico use different gland nuts.  Look at what they do and you might find a way to make your stock nuts work.  I had pondered the differences when I installed my KYB's.  A piece of thin wall pipe cut to size maybe.  The nut centers the shock in the strut tube, and clamps it to the bottom of the tube.  Use something around the top of the shock to center it, and washers on top to get the proper clamping force.  Threads showing when tight.